Sharing information with other projects

Bitiquinho

Hi, I'm new in this forum and, from the beginning, I ask you to forgive me if my English is not very good...

Anyways, I was wondering if 0 A.D. devs knows another game projects that aims too for historycal accuracy of the same period, with that they can share material and info.... because I found one thar I consider very promising:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=454

It's not a game made from scratch, but a Medieval II Total War mod who brings back the civilizations of Rome Total War, but with much more detail and research about each faction, from what I could see....

I don't know if this help in something. I guess that making contact with this mod developers will add at least a second opinion about what is planned for 0 A.D., once the 2 projects share some objectives

Well.... also, I want to say that 0 A.D. is the best open source game I had ever seen, and I hope it becomes a great success someday

• 2 weeks later...

Oh i love Europa Barborum, It doesnt "aim to bring back the civilisations of rome total war"

Rather, it aims to recreate Europa Barbarom 1, which is a mod for RTW, into the M2TW system, If i ever do buy M2TW, im going Straight for EB2. XD

Yeah, I think what I wrote was a bit confusing..... what I mean is that EB2 is an Classical Age mod for M2TW, or something like that....

anyways, I hope there are more EB enthusiasts like you here

• 1 month later...

I know that this topic didn't have much feedback, but, I was looking at other RTS projects, like Glest Advanced Engine (GAE) and Megaglest (both forks of the no longer mantained RTS game Glest), and I want to ask to someone with more knowledge about this.... How much 0 A.D. and Glest engines have in common, not necessarily in the code structure, but in the goals and objectives ? I know that both use C++, scripting languages (Javascript and Lua) and XML files, but, aside that, there is possibility for 0 A.D. and that projects to share information ? For example: I suppose, at the current state, you have better pathfinding and they have better AI, it'll be interesting if each game could improve by taking ideas from the other.

I can't really propose anything, you know.... but I'm just wondering how possible is to open-source RTS games have this kind of integration....

Ps.: Sorry if I write bad, my English is too basic...