Jump to content

0 A.D. Rise of the East Mod


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check it out, how bout dah.

+1 Coincidentally thought to check up today, the progress here is incredible. You all deserve a massive congrats! Great work.

Posted Images

Is it an idea to do a short announcement on ModDB that Rise of the East is turned into Terra Magna (with a few fancy screenshots showcasing the zapotecs) whilst renaming the page / subforum etc? (seeing that the release announcement points to the Github website rather than ModDB ;) )

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, niektb said:

Is it an idea to do a short announcement on ModDB that Rise of the East is turned into Terra Magna (with a few fancy screenshots showcasing the zapotecs) whilst renaming the page / subforum etc? (seeing that the release announcement points to the Github website rather than ModDB ;) )

image.png.767a321442400a9d2461c3cc4e098317.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, asterix said:

Hopefully, but it seems we could still correct the issues raised here by wolflance and others.

Of course I'd like to tackle some of those with the help of @Alexandermb. I'm not here this weekend, but I'll definitely spend next week evenings on it.

5 minutes ago, asterix said:

I seem I have another writing task to do, so @stanislas69 should I write the changelog? 

You don't have to. Remember we are all volunteer, so if you do not want to do it, don't :)
By the way, I apologize to everyone if I sound authoritarian. It's just a bit too much investment in this.
To answer your question, yes if you are able and want to.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Glad to know people are eager for it. Told you the release would be soon...

@Alexandermb @wackyserious @asterix Do you think we can get a release ready by the end of next week ?

as far as i remember Xiongnu is ready for a first release, could use texture tweaks like the ones @wackyserious did wich looks great but thats up to you if feels like it worth holding it until he could make the textures he can.

Zapotecs: i never saw the faction deep but some of their props have a material art looking, maybe for the next release they could get a bake of props, and Chinese are done if IIRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alexandermb said:

as far as i remember Xiongnu is ready for a first release, could use texture tweaks like the ones @wackyserious did wich looks great but thats up to you if feels like it worth holding it until he could make the textures he can.

Zapotecs: i never saw the faction deep but some of their props have a material art looking, maybe for the next release they could get a bake of props, and Chinese are done if IIRC.

Zapotec needs unique gameplay and ram without wheels.(animation) mix their blacksmith with siege workshop. bonus vs cavalry in mostly of their units.

No metal depended to fight. and other nonconventional weapons.

Xiongnu at last needs Wagon defense, put the 4 archers inside as prop and give some attack bonus and little protection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Zapotec needs unique gameplay and ram without wheels.(animation) mix their blacksmith with siege workshop. bonus vs cavalry in mostly of their units.

No metal depended to fight. and other nonconventional weapons.

Xiongnu at last needs Wagon defense, put the 4 archers inside as prop and give some attack bonus and little protection.

Worshop + blacksmith would likely fit for alpha 24 with the new buildings

Metal tweaks would need a deep testing for avoid making the civ stronger

and just found this too

Spoiler

image.png.ec1f84a9b387694644f4540260381273.png

For xiongnu maybe an sketch could help for the wagon laager

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alexandermb said:

Worshop + blacksmith would likely fit for alpha 24 with the new buildings

Metal tweaks would need a deep testing for avoid making the civ stronger

and just found this too

  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ec1f84a9b387694644f4540260381273.png

For xiongnu maybe an sketch could help for the wagon laager

Estaba pensando en hacerlo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wackyserious said:

I'm just finalizing some of the Han textures, the rest of the Xiongnu texture is already good, I just tweaked the elite variants as suggested by wolflance. I might commit later today or at least tomorrow.

Don't  forgot the shaman.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! 

Shouldn't every civ (in vanilla) that doesn't have a dedicate ram have access to these, the most simple/basic/primitive ram? It would help with balancing siege weak civs without affecting historicity... They should be noticeably weaker than covered rams though! It would be horrendous to see 40 archers take 15min to take out one of these...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alexandermb said:

i've reduced the armor/attack and speed, but also cost of metal to 0 and their health, still seems somehow resistant but thats an start, a fortress could kill them.

I would add 2 more dudes toward the front, and then perhaps they can raise shields up over their heads. Don't have them carrying it, have them rolling it on wheels and pushing it with crossbars, like in the movie Braveheart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I would add 2 more dudes toward the front, and then perhaps they can raise shields up over their heads. Don't have them carrying it, have them rolling it on wheels and pushing it with crossbars, like in the movie Braveheart.

what a good reason to see the movie again.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...