0 A.D. Rise of the East Mod

Kimball

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb Could you resize the Xiongnu textures to be somewhat reasonable ? Some of the helmets are 1024x1024, can you make them 256x256 or even 128x128 if that doesn't kill them too much ?

The forge update should require nomadism.

@wolflance

screenshot0228.jpg

256 for diffuse/norm and 128 for spec maps changed also some of the chinese with 128:

Spoiler

image.png.563f577cf11806e6a233f120ff128eb5.png

• Like 1

Btw i see you deleted the 2 zebu actor variants, they were used for have color variants in the civic center and also packed version of the buildings, if they are the same actor they end being like this all brown or all black, wich looks kinda wrong:

Spoiler

image.png.3caafbe989966b54ea3085dcd84b3983.png

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 10:16 PM, stanislas69 said:

The dao sword are mostly fine, as far as I am able to tell. I noticed that there are three "knots" at the end of sword hilt though, Han sword normally only has one single ring.

(I pointed these out ages ago) The polearms on the siege tower are still the old-style bronze ge though, and the flag haven't been updated, I believe.

Refer here:

iksRWwY.jpg

This helmet is meant to be worn on top of leather hat, I believe.

image.png.563f577cf11806e6a233f120ff128eb5.png

I don't think there were short-sleeved Han troops.

image.png.c4083e2922ecb7e129f8910d2610374c.png

Not sure about the historicity of this helmet - It looks not quite right.

Edited by wolflance

30 minutes ago, wolflance said:

image.png.c4083e2922ecb7e129f8910d2610374c.png

Not sure about the historicity of this helmet.

@Alexandermb Do you have a reference for this one

@wackyserious Can you fix the short sleeved version ? (Archers)

@wolflance Sorry I do not understand, what do you mean by knots ? If that's the texture that's wrong, maybe I messed up the effect

Capture.PNG

I'll try to fix the helmet and the tower.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb Do you have a reference for this one

@wackyserious Can you fix the short sleeved version ? (Archers)

@wolflance Sorry I do not understand, what do you mean by knots ? If that's the texture that's wrong, maybe I messed up the effect

Capture.PNG

I'll try to fix the helmet and the tower.

Ah, maybe that's just the perspective of the previous screenshot? Certainly there's no knot here. If resource/time permits you can add texture for the grip too, but this is largely inconsequential.

1rNvh09.jpg

Reference from a Han Dynasty mod for mount and blade. Please ignore the five ornate blades on the left.

EDIT: Ah, now I see why you thought the blades are too broad after I post that photo... 

Edited by wolflance
  • Like 1

@wolflance Might I request your help ? You have done an awesome review of the mod so far, however it's really hard for me at least to keep track of all the things that need to be fixed changed in the forums if they are all over the place (Most of yours are in the same place, though split in multiple posts) This is why I created a series of issues there https://github.com/0ADMods/terra_magna/issues If you create an account you will be able to add more, complete the existing ones. Anything you want in the mod to be fixed you can create an issue for. It can be anything from spear heads to the shape of the roofs. If you could do that I'd really appreciate it.

• Like 2

Nice textures as always. I believe the main color for Han Dynasty was red not green though :)

is that the same cloth that the ptol use ? :P

maybe if it's padded cloth it could have some light effects to make it bumpy :)

Spec Maps would be nice :) Half size of the texture (though having the original full scale doesn't hurt).

Normal map optionnal. If it's done it should be done with a correct light map which means you have to repaint the texture with 50 shades of grey (See what I did there ?) The lighter the higher :) and then generate the texture using the usual generators.

Good tutorial 

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=216257.0

Tldr; 

lpC4V6B.jpg

• Thanks 1