0 A.D. Rise of the East Mod

Kimball

Don't make it too complex I would say.

My suggestions:

- make a wonder building from the govt center (a simple template edit would do)

- select a third hero (wolflance/ayakashi made a list somewhere too). Maybe improve the looks of the other two on the fly...

- select 2/3 distinctly different champion units

- create a border fortress building and move some troops to that building

- and finally, balance the civ so that it doesn't become to powerful

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Han to work in DE. I need to make up some technologies, but for the most part everything is working as intended after a lot of adjustments and stuff.

screenshot1168.png

Maybe make that gate thing their glory statue instead of the Buddha. A Páifāng? Sacred Gate? Please advise.

Some things that would be great to fix, add, or change,  all my opinion.

• Wonder: Weiyang Palace. Perfect suggestion from @Lion.Kanzen. Would make nice challenge for a modelier.
  • Fix helmets and other props for new head meshes.
  • 1 more hero.
  • 1 more champion if the chariot is okay as a champion. If not, need 2 champions.
  • Animations for the crossbowmen and their crossbows.
  • Redesign for the Blacksmith. It is way too big.
  • Minor redesign of the Market. It's kind of big. The tarps could use some kind of nice player color design on them.
  • I'll move the archer infantry and archer cavalry to the mercenary camp, while keeping the crossbow units in the barracks.
  • Maybe some way to allow the walls to connect to the Fortress. I'll experiment a little with this.
  • A model for the Civic Center without the two side towers. I'd like to add a defensive tech to the Han cc that adds the towers to the structure. This should be rather easy.
  • Ideas for the Blacksmith and Temple tech trees. These should probably be largely custom/different from the "Western" tech trees already in the mod.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 4

• Wonder: Weiyang Palace. Perfect suggestion from @Lion.Kanzen. Would make nice challenge for a modelier.

Not sure I'll start it as it is a big task, but I don't know

• Fix helmets and other props for new head meshes.

Done.

• Animations for the crossbowmen and their crossbows.

Same as 1)

• Redesign for the Blacksmith. It is way too big.

I'm going to make a new one it's on its way.

Done.

• Minor redesign of the Market. It's kind of big. The tarps could use some kind of nice player color design on them.

Not sure about this.

• A model for the Civic Center without the two side towers. I'd like to add a defensive tech to the Han cc that adds the towers to the structure. This should be rather easy.

Done.

• Maybe make that gate thing their glory statue instead of the Buddha. A Páifāng? Sacred Gate? Please advise.

screenshot0115.png

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 3

Dude thanks for the updates!

Market: I think it's generally okay, I just think the tarps are really bland and a lost opportunity for player color or a cool "Chinese" pattern. That's mostly a texture issue for me.

Cult Statue: A suggestion from Mod DB was to use a stylized Chinese dragon instead of Buddha. Anyone have thoughts on that? Would be pretty cool. A golden or stone dragon on a pedestal, with flowers, smoke, etc.

• Like 1

It is not a dragon as Lion mentioned it's a Foo Dog a celestial guardian figure dragons are reserved for the imperial family and only displayed in the Imperial Court to represent the mandate of heaven with a five toed Tien Lung.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

Edited by Loki1950
  • Like 1

b3a188954e991cb1814924530d7914d2.jpg

(This Ming representation of this creature)

This...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_guardian_lions

Chinese guardian lions or Imperial guardian lions, traditionally known in Chinese simply as Shi (Chinesepinyinshī; literally: "lion"), and often called "Foo Dogs" in the West, are a common representation of the lion in imperial China. The concept which originated and became popular in Chinese Buddhism, subsequently spread to other parts of Asia including, Japan, Korea, Tibet, Thailand, Burma, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Cambodia and Laos

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Thanks this open to another interesting door for me.

Antique Chinese Schist Stone Buddha 
Standing Lion
Tomb Guardian 

Han Dynasty, circa: 206 BC-220 AD

h.22in.(56cm.) X w.8in.(20cm.) X d.7 in.(18cm.)
Condition: Excellent

In its standing posture with claws extended, jaws open in a menacing snarl, this lion figure combines simplicity of design with a high degree of expressiveness. Carving of the body is uncluttered; the head and face are incised with rhythmic, delicate whorls and spirals that describe the curling mane, beard and eyebrows of the beast. Curved horns extend toward the back of the figure, where the lion’s mane has been gathered into a descending mass of deeply carved furrows. The powerful feet and claws are convincingly rendered, and reflect the mythological themes of the Han, (206B.C.-220A.D.) an epoch when magic and the fantastic permeated the imagination of the populace.

IMG_6276.JPG

Chimera, China, Eastern Han dynasty, ca. A.D. 1-100, Bronze

"Part lion, part unicorn, and having wings, the chimera is an imaginary animal believed to have evil-averting and protective powers. And though the chimera is an imaginary creature, this sculpture has a convincing presence. Shown in mid-stride, front paw extended, tail trailing behind, the chimera holds its chest high and bares its fearsome teeth, fangs and tongue. Feathered wings and sharp claws are so fine in detail that it looks as if this chimera is real. The only clue, perhaps, that it is fanciful is the pattern of fine scallops and curls engraved all over its body." (Info given on the accompanying placard)

IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

IMG_6281.JPG

@stanislas69: Another request is a Shipyard. Basically a Chinese version of the Athenian/Greek dock, with the partially built warship props.

Also it would be awesome to finish the bamboo palisade models so we can put them into the mods. Maybe as a minor bonus, their bamboo palisades can be built in neutral territory.

No rush, just some requests. :) 

• Like 2

Idea for special unit: Government Minister. Walks around looking all administrative and authoritarian. Has either aura or special ability to make units build and gather faster and boost buildings' production queue. I wish we could have special abilities or commands, like the Pharaoh in Age of Mythology. You would task the Pharaoh to any building and it would just work much much better. Task it to a foundation and the units building it would build it faster. Task it to a storehouse or granary and nearby units would gather faster. Something like this. Max number of Han Ministers would be 9, per historicity:

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Nine_Ministers

Nine Ministers 

Connected to:

Han dynastyMing dynastyCensorate

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Nine Ministers (Chinese: 九卿) was the collective name for nine high officials in the imperial government of the Han dynasty(206 BC–220 AD), who each headed a specialized ministry and were subordinates to the Three Councillors of State. The nine ranking ministers in English, as translated by historian Rafe de Crespigny, are:[1]

1. The Minister of Ceremonies (太常)
  2. The Minister of the Household (光祿勳)
  3. The Minister of the Guards (衛尉)
  4. The Minister Coachman (太僕)
  5. The Minister of Justice (廷尉)
  6. The Minister Herald (大鴻臚)
  7. The Minister of the Imperial Clan (宗正)
  8. The Minister of Finance (大司農)
  9. The Minister Steward (少府)

The term Nine Ministers could also refer to the nine high-ranking officials in the Ming dynasty, namely, the respective functional heads of the Six Ministries, the Censorate, the Office of Transmission, and the Grand Court of Revision.[2]

Minister of Ceremonies

The Minister of Ceremonies, usually described as a chief priest in the government, was responsible for ceremonies in the imperial ancestral temples and in charge of astronomy, astrology, and the daily records of the emperor's activities. He also supervised the operation of the Imperial Academy, selecting and examining the students. If they were suitable, he was also responsible to report their eligibility for office to the emperor.[3]

Rank

In the Han dynasty civil service officials were classified in twenty grades (reduced to sixteen after 32 BC) expressed by the official's annual salary in terms of so many Dan (石) or Chinese bushels, extending from the ten-thousand-bushel at the top to the one-hundred-bushel at the bottom.[4] Under this scheme, each of the nine ministers held the rank of the full-two-thousand-bushel.[5]

During the Ming dynasty the officialdom was classified in nine grades, each grade subdivided into two degrees, extending from grade 1a at the top to grade 9b at the bottom.[6] Under this system, the Ministers of the Six Ministries all held rank 3a, and rose to 2a after the abolishment of the Chancellor in 1380.[7] The Censor-in-Chief, head of the Censorate, had a rank of 1b before 1380 and 2a after.[8] The functional heads of the Grand Court of Revision and the Office of Transmission both held a rank of 3a.[9][10]

We can reintroduce the Government Center and they can be trained from there, plus some special techs. Han player would start with 1 as the special starting unit.

mCSMLLz_wm41M7MAEJSneHA.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, with the Government Center, now renamed Imperial Court, for DE I'm going to come up with a brand new teching scheme, and then if Terra Magna guys like it, can be adopted by you guys!

The Imperial Court will train the Nine Ministers, but will also have a tree of technologies like this:

Economy Administration: +20% gathering rates, all resources

• Phase 2
  • Phase 3
  • Phase 4

Army Administration: -10% train time, +10% health, all soldiers

• Phase 2
  • Phase 3
  • Phase 4

...etc. for a bunch of different areas of concern. Maybe a complete 8 sets!

These Administrative levels can take the place of many technologies in the current tech tree and focuses it all on the Imperial Court, kind of like the University from AOK, but even more important. You "level up" different areas of your civilization in a completely different way than other civs.

• Like 1