0 A.D. Rise of the East Mod

Kimball

Thanks for the feedback guys. The reason the video is so fast is because my computer isn't quick enough to get a smooth capture against an AI. About 5 minutes into a single player game, I'm down to 15 FPS - not really suitable for screen captures. :S Once Atlas works on OSX again, I can probably put together a better quality video that's not played back at 900% recording speed.

If we wanna put this on the 0 A.D. homepage, we should definitely wait until a bit after A12 has been out. :P

• 1 month later...

New timelapse featuring a track from the ROTE soundtrack written by Tim Cox!

Thank you Kimball for this video. This is really good to watch and enjoy! It reminds me I should pursue my efforts on learning and practicing Blender.

And darn, this music is delicious! Is the soundtrack downloadable somewhere ?..

I've checked the ROTE ModDB page and it's been a long time since the last update. Are there big new things coming soon on this mod ? Anyway, congratulations for what has been done yet.

Ludo: Yeah, I tend not to update the ModDB page very often. The soundtrack is a work in progress (and currently consists of one track), but it will be downloadable in the future. Speaking of which, we are looking for a concept artist to paint some album art (among other things).

idanwin: Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't noticed that. I have been working on a new version of the site passively for a while, and since there's not actually any content on the current homepage, I may as well just have it redirect to the forums.

• 1 month later...

As a Chinese, I have to say that I can't thank you guys enough for bringing the Han as a playable faction into the game! Its not very often for ancient China to be accurately represented in a RTS game. However I do have a couple of mild criticisms regarding the buildings: The civic center to me dosen't look very historically accurate because as far I know octagonal pagoda like buildings didn't really appear until the Song dynasty, and its shape makes it look odd when compared to the rest of the buildings (which all look awesome btw). Maybe something more similar to this would be better?

4(1).gif

Also have you tried using dark grey roofs and red pillars and brackets for the buildings in general?

Edited by Ayakashi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think he said a couple times already that there would only be one faction.

Kimball: I've noticed that the current emblem looks like a placeholder. Would you by any chance be looking for a designer for the emblem?

yeah that, i thinks is incredibly, one faction. you think i can think if someone let me mod this mod? add more faction. but not now in far future that i why asking for be sure. Edited by Lion.Kanzen

As a Chinese, I have to say that I can't thank you guys enough for bringing the Han as a playable faction into the game! Its not very often for ancient China to be accurately represented in a RTS game. However I do have a couple of mild criticisms regarding the buildings: The civic center to me dosen't look very historically accurate because as far I know octagonal pagoda like buildings didn't really appear until the Song dynasty, and its shape makes it look odd when compared to the rest of the buildings (which all look awesome btw). Maybe something more similar to this would be better?

4(1).gif

Also have you tried using dark grey roofs and red pillars and brackets for the buildings in general?

That is a very good reference for the civic center. (y)

• 1 month later...