0 A.D. Rise of the East Mod

Kimball

• 2 weeks later...

Is this gpl or CC or whatever 0ad is?

Can I add it to 0ad without overwriting other civs.

Is it downloadble now, I want to add these civs.

qbot takes tons of mem..

Also will this be added to svn, why not have the east in there someone's making it, the architecture is in the time period about :)

Is this gpl or CC or whatever 0ad is?

You should ask rob. I used to know as much as him, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Can I add it to 0ad without overwriting other civs.

Is it downloadble now, I want to add these civs.

"jup" - "only the demo release from last year"

qbot takes tons of mem..

Whatever

Also will this be added to svn, why not have the east in there someone's making it, the architecture is in the time period about :)

I don't know yet, but probably not. And we designed the mod to fit in with the other 0ad civs

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For those of you who don't follow Scion on Twitter, our forum, or ModDB (awaiting auth), we've just posted our latest progress: http://www.moddb.com...ews/were-back35

(Until it's authed on ModDB, you can also read it here: http://forum.scionde....php?p=882#p882)

Good work! I wish that someday the mod will be integrated into the official version of 0 A.D.

About the names of units, you don't need to use Chinese pronunciations. It's well to use English terms, because it is easy for other countries' players to understand.

"刀斧手" is not a formal term, and this name only appears in some folk novels.

In ancient Chinese language, "执" means holding, and "步卒" means infantryman. Therefore, infantry swordsman can be called "执剑步卒", and infantry spearman can be called "执矛步卒", and an infantryman who holds a halberd can be called "执戟步卒". In the Han Dynasty, a cavalryman was called "骑士", and an infantry archer was called "射士".

"弩" means a crossbow, and "弩手" means an infantry archer who holds a crossbow.

In the Han Dynasty, the color of roof tiles was gray, because the tiles were made with gray pottery.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope. Matthijs (emjer), Daniel (Kenobi), Robie (Brightgalrs), Ryan (Lonno), Dino, and a guy named Rastko have been helping with the art, Spahbod wrote a few RMSs for us, Misha/Firefax/Mikhail, Pureon and Yodaspirine have done some awesome map work for us, and a few native speakers have come out of the woodworks to help with translation and research.

I just write the code and make the textures.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...