Historical accurate: The Mythologic period around greece mostly the troia-war

Factions: Aten, Sparta & Troja

Economics:

Food: Berries, fish, meat etc.

Metal: Gold, Sliver bronze etc.

Wood: Trees

Faith: If you build a temple you´ll be given 1 Faith Point each minute

Unit types (we´ve only dicided the types yet, not the exaccly units) :

Citizens: Farmer, female, trader etc. (this type can build & collect economies)

Infantry: Swordsman, spearman, archers etc. (this type are all bassicly a soldier with different weapons)

Cavalry: Spear cavalry, scout, sword cavalry etc. (this units rides on a hourse)

Navy: Transportship, warship etc. (this units are all ships or boats)

Hearoes will also apper

You´ll will be given different types of gods depending on what faction you select each faction, each god has its uniqe power. But you need faith points to use the power´s that you´ll get if you build temples.

Aten: Zeus: Lightning Beam

Sparta: Hades: Skeletons of The Underworld

Troja: Poseidion: Wave of Death

It will look pretty much like age of mythology/age of empire but it are more focused on the troian war and that with god powers are we not sure about yet (we will probebbly not have it)

Please say whats good :) /bad :P and we can see if we´ll change it :P

Edited by kkaallllee

And for the late Bronze Age (when the Trojan War is often guessed to have taken place) see the "Ancient Mod for 0 A.D."

On the idea itself, I don't really have any feedback, sorry. It looks like the factions themselves shouldn't be so much trouble to design since there are only three of them, and depending on how similar you plan to make them to the real pre-Classical Greeks, you could use much of the existing Hellenes as a starting point.

Edited by Aldandil

The acctual meaning is to get a fast maked easy game (beucase it will be our first), but that with mythology as I said we not sure about it yet, but I will check it out any way :)

I just wonder how far have you guys come with the Mythology-mod and the Ancient-mod???

Is it just planning or have you guys started with the acctuell game?

Edited by kkaallllee

We´ve uptated the planning so now ther more detailed (and we change that instead of sparta and athen we take both in one):

Buildings:

House-This will give you more unit slots

Civ Center-Here you can buy citizens/salves (I dont really know what we will call them yet)

Barrack-Here you train all normal units

Stable-Here you train all cavalry

Watch Tower-It defend as normaly

Fortress-This is both as a Watch Tower and a barrack for special units

No wall´s will appear as we look on it now......

Edited by kkaallllee

Here are 2 sketches I did on the house and barrack, just wondering if im whole wrong with the greek style and what I can do better. I really appreciate if someone can give them a better look beucase im really sucks on drawing.... whatever here they are:

House+and+Barrack+idea.jpg

Edited by kkaallllee

Since most scholars today agree that the historical Troia was connected to the Hittite Empire in Anatolia, you may be best off researching about the Hittites to get an inspiration for Troia. Also, remember that the Greeks in the Troian war wouldn't be like the Hellenes of 0 A.D., but belong to a earlier period of Greek history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hittites

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycenaean_Greece

220px-Boar_tusk_helmet_from_Athens.jpg

A typical helmet of the Greek Bronze Age, as described in the Ilias and found in numerous excavations.

pc323688.gif

A Hittite relief showing a warrior

804189.JPG

An artist's interpretation of a Hittite warrior. The walls in the BG may give you an idea for the walls of Troy.

http://www.larp.com/hoplite/bronze.html

A reenanctment page for the Bronze age.

The respective armies on a miniatures page (which has lots of different ancient and medieval armies, so it might be worth a look)

Hittites/Troians

Mycenaeans/Achaeans

Cheers.:)

If you want a list of all the buildings, we've got one for you right here. (Alternatively, you can check out our Design Document, detailing all units and buildings for all factions).

I meant that so you can throw together an outline for a building set that fits in seamlessly with the current game (that way your faction(s) can play against the original factions).

I meant that so you can throw together an outline for a building set that fits in seamlessly with the current game (that way your faction(s) can play against the original factions).

Ok!

Since most scholars today agree that the historical Troia was connected to the Hittite Empire in Anatolia, you may be best off researching about the Hittites to get an inspiration for Troia. Also, remember that the Greeks in the Troian war wouldn't be like the Hellenes of 0 A.D., but belong to a earlier period of Greek history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hittites

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycenaean_Greece

220px-Boar_tusk_helmet_from_Athens.jpg

A typical helmet of the Greek Bronze Age, as described in the Ilias and found in numerous excavations.

pc323688.gif

A Hittite relief showing a warrior

804189.JPG

An artist's interpretation of a Hittite warrior. The walls in the BG may give you an idea for the walls of Troy.

http://www.larp.com/hoplite/bronze.html

A reenanctment page for the Bronze age.

The respective armies on a miniatures page (which has lots of different ancient and medieval armies, so it might be worth a look)

Hittites/Troians

Mycenaeans/Achaeans

Cheers.:)

Thanks exactly what I needed! :D

tbh, I think that the unit names should be Greek rather than Latin. If you want, I will translate the terms into Epic Greek, the language used by Homer in his epics.

I would also represent chariots as uber-units, given that they were restrained to nobles in that age. They could make the second Greek fortress unit, along with the elite infantry. (I think that the Myrmidons would fit there quite well.:))

If you want to be absolutely correct, then you would leave out horsemen as well, but if you want to keep them for style, I won't complain. They should be light and weak though, heavy cavalry action (charging) should be left for chariots.

This is a cool artwork that might be a good possible look for Aiax as a Greek hero: http://community.imaginefx.com/fxpose/john...ture209538.aspx

Why I used latin was beucase it shulled work both for troia and greek. But if you translate it I really apreciate it :).

And that with horsemen I thought like this: Then training a unit you get a complete troop. And better units gets a smaller troop. Just for making it more balanced.

The picture looked awsome :D it really gives me ideas!

Why I used latin was beucase it shulled work both for troia and greek. But if you translate it I really apreciate it :).

Well, I don't know Hittite, but since the Troian legend is based off Greek literature, Greek terms would work for both, I guess.

GREEK NAMES

Militis -> Aichmetes (means: Spearman, Spear-warrior)

Hasta iaculis -> Gymnetes (means: light warrior, naked warrior - Greek skirmishers used to be naked at that time)

Gladiatores -> Heros (means: warrior, hero)

TROIAN NAMES:

Hastatus -> Doryphoros (means: Spearman, Spear-bearer)

Sagittarius -> Toxeutes (means: archer ; archaic version of the more modern "Toxotes", which is used in 0 A.D.)

Miles -> Machetes (means: warrior)

More later, when I'll grab out my Homer-specific list of words. There should be enough military terms.

And that with horsemen I thought like this: Then training a unit you get a complete troop. And better units gets a smaller troop. Just for making it more balanced.

So ... you create units in batches, similar to Rise of Nations?

The picture looked awsome :D it really gives me ideas!

Yeah, Shumate is a genius.:D

would you mind if i used some of the information on that pic for the hittites in my mythology mod?

incidentally, my hittites also take alot of inspiration from troy and all of their heroes are named trojans from the iliad

If you dont just make a exactly copy can you use it! :)

Edited by kkaallllee

I wonder if linguists know enough about the Luwian or Hittite languages that they could be used for the Troy faction. Though considering one of the historical Bronze Age Trojan kings was actually named Alaksandu (Alexandros/Alexander), maybe they spoke Greek.

Edited by Aldandil