Rousing Speeches!

Hey, y'all WFGers!

So lately I've been thinking about the concept of leadership. One HUGE component of that, I've come to understand, are the simply awesome speeches given that seem to speak right to one's soul ('Twas said that Hitler played this card with exceptional expertise).

Most of my favorite speeches probably come from Warhammer 40k or some other work of fiction, such as:

"My people... Sons and daughters of Helghan. This much I vow. The history of these days will be written in blood. By crushing the armies of our enemy, by seizing the weapons they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very existence. But if there are those who would deny us peace; refuse us our rightful place in the universe, then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations yet unborn will cry out in anguish![...]The enemy may shatter our bodies, but they cannot break our spirit. Even now they advance on our home world, to seize by force what they cannot claim by right. They cannot imagine what awaits them. WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter; never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy; fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities... they will know, Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Visari, Killzone 2

So what are YOUR favorite, rousing speeches that make you want to drop everything you're doing in life and take up arms against an enemy? :)

Edited by TheCobra1

Well, hard to think of one right now, but I really like the "pep talk" that the President have in "Independence Day" (Starring among others Will Smith) before the last airplanes are going to attack the alians :P

Thats a mad speech that always gives me chills. At least the 3-4 times I've seen that movie.! :)

Oh, and of course Theodens speech in Lord of the Rings. Both of them actually.

A really inspiring speech from the Lord of the Rings:

Aragorn: Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!

The other...well i don't think u can call it a speech but whatever, is from the Passion of the Christ, its just a line but i find it very moving: "Look Mother, I make all things new." - Said by our Lord, when he's all battered and bruised and can't stand properly and Mary looks at him and that questioning way, u know 'Why are u doing this!' kinda way...really touching.

WALLACE
Aye. Fight and you may die. Run and you'll
live, for at least awhile. And dying in
your beds many years from now, would you be
willing to trade all the days from this
day to that, for one chance, just one
chance, to come back here and tell our
enemies, that they make take our lives,
but they'll never take our FREEDOM?!

ARISTIDES
Hear me, men of Athens! We have suffered
much, we Athenians. Our brothers, fathers,
and sons have bled for us. Never before
has so much been asked of a city as has
been asked of you! Is there not a man
among you with the courage of a thousand
lions?! She asks you for one gallant rush!
Will you bleed for Athena Parthenos one
final time?!