0 A.D. Trailer(s)

Jeru

Any time between now and next Tuesday. I'm going out of town tomorrow till Monday night so I won't be able to implement it till then.

What'd you study at Tech? I've got some friends that went there/are going there. People smarter than me, for sure :)

Understood. Will have something worked out by this weekend.

Proud engineering dropout ;)

EDIT

Quick question! Started the repeat until memorized (first line X4 sample) process and noted... 0 G.D. idea how to pace it. Yes, bad pun is bad umm.gif

What's the time frame (pace) for this critter?

Cheers,

Venn

Edited by Venn

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Venn, about 60 seconds total.

For the next versions, get rid of the words "in time":

Imagine a moment that never was

when six civilizations were each at their prime.

Imagine the freedom to learn from a game, alter it and expand it at will.

Gain experience in game development.

Visit play0ad.com to contribute.

0 A.D. - History is yours for the taking.

Audacity on my Mac opens the files (though the wiki page says it can't), and I can export as needed for After Effects/Final Cut. Thanks, Venn!

No problem and glad to be of use.

Wish I knew you were using Audacity, could have sent the (long deleted) *.aup files.

Cheers,

Venn

P.S.

If there is anything else I can help with in the future scream at venn@linuxgamecast.com

I see you've already got a voice actor for this trailer. If you ever want another for something else, let me know, and I'd be happy to upload a few samples.

(I have a deep male voice, though not so deep as Venn's, with a Western American accent [what you usually hear in movies], though I can fake a number of other accents as desired.)

Edited by Jade Knight

hey guys. a friend linked me to your site saying that you were looking for someone to do some voice work. i must say that i'm pleasantly surprised by the game too. can't wait to try it out as it looks like it embodies all of my favorite titles.

if you're looking for an american male voice that isn't as deep as venn's - i've done a series of tutorials for learning to use google sketchup (here's a link to one of them where i speak casually without a script [see below]), multiple character voice acting with various accents for a babylon 5 total coversion of freespace 2, i used to be a radio DJ, and i'm near 40.

Edited by Klingbeil

I really like your voice and instructional approach, Klingbeil.

In October we put up an announcement that we were seeking video editors. Does this description seem to fit you?

Video editors: Create several promotional, educational and other videos for 0 A.D.. These may include an intro scene for 0 A.D., a general promotional trailer about the basic features of the game, an ad targeted to OS developers to join the project, and videos that document the development as new releases come out, perhaps explaining how certain parts of the game mechanics work. Candidates should be able to demonstrate past work in a portfolio. 3d graphics capabilities are a plus, but most videos should be perfectly doable with 2d graphics and in-game recording.

i'd certainly be willing to give it a go. i do a lot of technical training sessions in my line of work, so making tutorials are a natural part of what i do.

i used the freebie video editor that came with WinXP to do the tutorials, but i'm using Win7-64 now days and there doesn't seem to be one included anymore. does anyone know of a good FOSS video editor?

Edited by Klingbeil

i used the freebie video editor that came with WinXP to do the tutorials, but i'm using Win7-64 now days and there doesn't seem to be one included anymore.

As I understood you used Windows Movie Maker. And wikipedia say, that there is some new Windows Live Movie Maker available for download.

does anyone know of a good FOSS video editor?

Here is some few info: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/top5-linux-video-editing-system-software/ , but it looks like only avidemux working under windows.

For Linux, I know of PiTiVi and of OpenShot.

Both don't working under windows

There is also "Comparison of video editing software"

Venn probably can say more about FOSS video editors, but if I understand correctly he uses OpenShot (http://linuxgamecast.com/about/), which Jeru already mentioned.

Klingbeil, we need people to record a large collection of in-game shots so that our video editor Jordan (Quacker) can put them together. You are welcome to record eyecandy, battles, landscapes, and any changes to the game. Do you think you'd like to do that?

Klingbeil, we need people to record a large collection of in-game shots so that our video editor Jordan (Quacker) can put them together. You are welcome to record eyecandy, battles, landscapes, and any changes to the game. Do you think you'd like to do that?

sure thing, i'll put together a short 60 second montage kind of video

• 1 month later...

Pureon expressed interest in taking videos, so I am putting up the script:

Imagine a moment that never was

(On-screen: Time axis animation showing somehow that 1 B.C. is followed by 1 A.D. and that 0 A.D. is being added artificially).

when six civilizations were each at their prime.

(On-screen: Map of the 6 civs on parchment as in the Facebook page. Fade to in-game shots of various building sets & biomes.)

Imagine the freedom to learn from a game, alter and expand it and share your creations.

(On-screen: Gameplay shots, with overlays on the bottom fading in and out. First, logos of Windows, Linux and Mac and the words "cross-platform"; Next, logos of GNU and Creative Commons and the words "Free, open-source software").

Gain experience in game development.

(On-screen: Shots of the actor viewer, wireframes of buildings and units and then their textured versions, a shot of the pathfinding visualization etc.).

Visit play0ad.com to contribute.

(On-screen: Find Out How to Contribute at www.linkhere.com, possibly with YT annotations)

0 A.D. - History is yours for the taking.

(On-screen: 0 A.D. logo & motto. Secondary logos: WFG and the other stuff like GNU, CC, the operating systems)

I am sort of taking back the part I crossed out. I don't think it is that important, at least not in that section.

• 3 months later...

Pureon expressed interest in taking videos, so I am putting up the script:

I am sort of taking back the part I crossed out. I don't think it is that important, at least not in that section.

Guys, did you ever do anything with this?

Built a studio and all that

Edited by Venn