0 A.D. Trailer(s)

Jeru

You're very welcome to stay and join, Venn.

Meanwhile, Quacker, let's keep working on this. Could you specify what you need to move forward? :)

(Incidentally we now have an awesome music dept. head, Omri, so I think we have the music side covered).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're very welcome to stay and join, Venn.

Meanwhile, Quacker, let's keep working on this. Could you specify what you need to move forward? :)

(Incidentally we now have an awesome music dept. head, Omri, so I think we have the music side covered).

For sure.

Here's the latest, cuz I'm lazy and don't want to scroll up every time

Imagine a moment in time that never was

(On-screen: Time axis animation showing somehow that 1 B.C. is followed by 1 A.D. and that 0 A.D. is being added artificially).

when six civilizations were each at their prime.

(On-screen: Map of the 6 civs on parchment as in the Facebook page. Fade to in-game shots of various building sets & biomes.)

Imagine the freedom to learn from a game, alter and expand it and share your creations.

(On-screen: Gameplay shots, with overlays on the bottom fading in and out. First, logos of Windows, Linux and Mac and the words "cross-platform"; Next, logos of GNU and Creative Commons and the words "Free, open-source software").

Gain experience in game development.

(On-screen: Shots of the actor viewer, wireframes of buildings and units and then their textured versions, a shot of the pathfinding visualization etc.).

Visit play0ad.com to contribute.

(On-screen: Find Out How to Contribute at www.linkhere.com, possibly with YT annotations)

0 A.D. - History is yours for the taking.

(On-screen: 0 A.D. logo & motto. Secondary logos: WFG and the other stuff like GNU, CC, the operating systems)

Can we get sign-off on this from a higher power? Once that is accomplished, we need a VO so I can time the animations and such rather than editing blind..er, deaf.

As for the currently chosen graphics:

Time-Axis Animation - Done, will tweak as needed to fit timing.

Map of 6 Civs - Do we have this original PSD or AI file? Vector = better, if it exists. If someone has the PSD with layers, that would be great, too.

In-game shots of various buildings - Mythos, can you eye-candy it up for me? You seem to have a great eye for map design, and a good working knowledge of Atlas. If you can provide some screen shots and videos of basic gameplay, that would be fantastic. Everyone else feel free to join in, not just Mythos. I'd also like it to be original content, not just a mash-up of currently posted screenshots.

Actor viewer, wireframes, textureds, pathfinding - Same thing, those who can access these resources to get captures, I'll need those. The more the better. I'd rather have things I can't use because of time than be fishing for even more. My situation makes it so that I really need you guys to provide this.

Can we get sign-off on this from a higher power? Once that is accomplished, we need a VO so I can time the animations and such rather than editing blind..er, deaf.

As for the currently chosen graphics:

Time-Axis Animation - Done, will tweak as needed to fit timing.

Map of 6 Civs - Do we have this original PSD or AI file? Vector = better, if it exists. If someone has the PSD with layers, that would be great, too.

In-game shots of various buildings - Mythos, can you eye-candy it up for me? You seem to have a great eye for map design, and a good working knowledge of Atlas. If you can provide some screen shots and videos of basic gameplay, that would be fantastic. Everyone else feel free to join in, not just Mythos. I'd also like it to be original content, not just a mash-up of currently posted screenshots.

Actor viewer, wireframes, textureds, pathfinding - Same thing, those who can access these resources to get captures, I'll need those. The more the better. I'd rather have things I can't use because of time than be fishing for even more. My situation makes it so that I really need you guys to provide this.

Aviv is in charge of PR, so imho he's the highest power needed to sign-off this :)

Quacker are you happy recording some in-game footage yourself? It's very easy to change the camera settings for 0AD, allowing you to take some nice slow pan shots of the existing maps. Unfortunately my computer is too slow to record them in HD, you've probably seen my examples in the first post: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13817&view=findpost&p=213413

There's a few different faction maps floating about, I've emailed my version as a high-res PSD to your gmail. It's full size, but I could always work on some larger ones for you if needed, though I suspect it'll be fine for HD video.

I can see what I can do; my home computer is a first-gen MBP, and it runs a little choppy. Plus I don't have access to Atlas. Someone with a Windows rig would be best suited to this, though I'm not sure as to the best recording programs. QuicktimeX allows full HD screen recording.

There we go. I think we have a voice actor.

Venn, can you record the following and upload it somewhere as an audio file?

Imagine a moment in time that never was

when six civilizations were each at their prime.

Imagine the freedom to learn from a game, alter it and expand it at will.

Gain experience in game development.

Visit play0ad.com to contribute.

0 A.D. - History is yours for the taking.

(Edit: I changed it a little bit since the last rough cut to have a better rhythm to it).

Sorry Aviv, I had a post but apparently something messed up. <_<

German born, UK raised, grew up in Athens (deep south)

I would be up for a US trailer / international.

Cheers,

Venn

Athens, as in Athens, GA? Did you go to UGA? I'm a Georgia boy myself, so it always intrigues me to meet someone that lives relatively near.

Love the voice, and I'm with Jeru & Pureon. Thanks for being willing to help out on this!

Just received the message on YouTube.

I would be glad to record the lines for the trailer. I will not be able to do this tonight (it's a bit late) but could have something posted by Wed afternoon if that works?

@Quacker

Tech, but I cheer for the Bulldogs ;)

Venn

L.G.C.