0 A.D. Trailer(s)

Jeru

And there are different ways to accomplish this motion graphic, I am sort of apprehensive about pointing out any because I will probably not be implementing them and I don't want to suggest something really implausible.

I would like that motion graphic to appear on some parchment or papyrus.

Tell me what you want and I'll tell you if it can happen.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rough Cut 3

Imagine a moment in time that never was

(On-screen: Time axis animation showing somehow that 1 B.C. is followed by 1 A.D. and that 0 A.D. is being added artificially).

when six civilizations were each at their peak.

(On-screen: Map of the 6 civs on parchment as in the Facebook page. Fade to in-game shots of various building sets & biomes.)

Imagine the freedom to learn from a game, change it and share your creations.

(On-screen: Gameplay shots, with overlays on the bottom fading in and out. First, logos of Windows, Linux and Mac and the words "cross-platform"; Next, logos of GNU and Creative Commons and the words "Free, open-source software").

Gain experience in game development.

(On-screen: Shots of the actor viewer, wireframes of buildings and units and then their textured versions, a shot of the pathfinding visualization etc.).

Visit play0ad.com to contribute.

(On-screen: Find Out How to Contribute at www.linkhere.com, possibly with YT annotations)

0 A.D. - History is yours for the taking.

(On-screen: 0 A.D. logo & motto. Secondary logos: WFG and the other stuff like GNU, CC, the operating systems)

Edited by Quacker

I had another thought, of perhaps zooming into a timeline. Between the marks for "1 BC" and "1 AD", some greek ornamentation fades in.

The zooming in continues to an extreme close-up of the ornamented timeline. When the black timeline occupies most of the screen, the 0 A.D. logo fades in as well.

post-17-0-17910900-1297936012_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-87351500-1297936055_thumb.jpg

Whipped this up quickly using the logo from a Google search:

Is this the idea you were going for? The textured BG doesn't show up too well from the hammered h.264, but whatev. You get the idea.

(aside: anyone remember

? I always thought it was the best...good ole Jason whipping it up, if I remember?) Edited by Quacker

Rough Cut 4

Imagine a moment in time that never was

(On-screen: Time axis animation showing somehow that 1 B.C. is followed by 1 A.D. and that 0 A.D. is being added artificially).

when six civilizations were each at their prime.

(On-screen: Map of the 6 civs on parchment as in the Facebook page. Fade to in-game shots of various building sets & biomes.)

Imagine the freedom to learn from a game, alter and expand it and share your creations.

(On-screen: Gameplay shots, with overlays on the bottom fading in and out. First, logos of Windows, Linux and Mac and the words "cross-platform"; Next, logos of GNU and Creative Commons and the words "Free, open-source software").

Gain experience in game development.

(On-screen: Shots of the actor viewer, wireframes of buildings and units and then their textured versions, a shot of the pathfinding visualization etc.).

Visit play0ad.com to contribute.

(On-screen: Find Out How to Contribute at www.linkhere.com, possibly with YT annotations)

0 A.D. - History is yours for the taking.

(On-screen: 0 A.D. logo & motto. Secondary logos: WFG and the other stuff like GNU, CC, the operating systems)

Sweet. Would it be immensely harder to make the middle area go from nothing to the size it is now? To have it expand, so that it at first shows 1BC right next to AD1 and then, well, let me try to show you instead, a picture might not be worth a thousand words, but at least a few :)

(Note, I'm not sure this is what Aviv et al wants, it's just an thought on how to emphasize things.)

post-2319-0-65618800-1298413422_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...