Translations:General

I'm not so far into game developing (yet), but i want to devote my knowledge of the english as well as the german language, especially regarding historical and game-regarding terms to the game and am therefore wondering how far your ingame text is yet.

i read somewhere you are going to make a special file for the whole language and if you have some of it ready i could do a "beta-translation" so as not to waste too much time on it and to know what is to be researched etc. when the final beta release comes out.

but if you are still too far away from that or already found your translator just ignore this post, but you can contact me if you like.

@ger_man you can help if you'd like to

The text isn't close enough to being finalized, so it's a bit too soon to start any actual work on translating the game. It would be useful to discuss the best technology for the translation framework though, so it can be implemented as quickly/effortlessly as possible.

There have been some discussion in other topics, but that consisted merely of mentioning one or two different softwares, so this topic can definitely be a good place to do that.

@ger_man you can help if you'd like to

Well, I thought about contributing to the German translation as well. But as feneur said, the game text is not final, and there is no such "language file" yet that translation would be as handy as the developers plan it to be.

P.S.

Willkommen im Forum.:)

Edited by SMST

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you guys are itching to translate something 0 A.D. related the 0 A.D. article over at the English Wikipedia needs translating into other languages.

Please make sure first that it will met notability rules in specific language edition where you going to create article. For example in dewiki it was already deleted number of times: Logbuch 0 A.D. (Computerspiel), Logbuch 0 A.D., so it is probably don't make sense to create it there until 0ad will reach beta or even 1.0 release or something.

Please make sure first that it will met notability rules in specific language edition where you going to create article. For example in dewiki it was already deleted number of times: Logbuch 0 A.D. (Computerspiel), Logbuch 0 A.D., so it is probably don't make sense to create it there until 0ad will reach beta or even 1.0 release or something.

Huh? How does the language of the entry determine notability of the subject? The only reference I see to language in that guideline is "sources may encompass published works in all forms and media, and in any language," which seems to confirm that. It would be ridiculous to claim, for example, that a famous event didn't occur in e.g. German or Finnish, just because it happened in an English-speaking part of the world.

I'm trying to translate to portuguese right now. The page isn't large, so it'll not take long, or at least i hope so. By the way, i'm having problems to find words for 'Snapshot' and 'resource shuttling', i don't know what these words means and Google translator can't help with it, can someone explain me the meaning?

Huh? How does the language of the entry determine notability of the subject? The only reference I see to language in that guideline is "sources may encompass published works in all forms and media, and in any language," which seems to confirm that. It would be ridiculous to claim, for example, that a famous event didn't occur in e.g. German or Finnish, just because it happened in an English-speaking part of the world.

Basic language of notability rule is the same across all editions of Wikipedia, but there is different particular cases for specific topics and this rule is very vague and can be interpreted in different ways. dewiki is known for it's cleanness and strictness in comparison with e.g. enwiki and ruwiki (look at this section in English Wikipedia article about German Wikipedia).

I'm trying to translate to portuguese right now. The page isn't large, so it'll not take long, or at least i hope so. By the way, i'm having problems to find words for 'Snapshot' and 'resource shuttling', i don't know what these words means and Google translator can't help with it, can someone explain me the meaning?

Snapshot here most related to this meaning: "A view of a source code repository as it was at a particular time for the purpose of revision control in software development" from this list. In Russian language loan translation "снапшот" means the same, so I used it in ruwiki article.

"resource shuttling" - it is resources carrying to storages.

And must i use the portuguese version of the alpha releases' names (Argonauta, Belerofonte, Cérbero, Dédalo, Edetânia, Fortuna)? Or original ones?

In ruwiki I used original names with wikilinks to corresponding Russian articles. I propose to keep original names in any case, but you can also add translated ones beside (in parentheses or in another column).