First Person View / Control unit mode

nocompile

You can't seriously expect the devs to take time off their regular development time in order to help you implement features they don't see fit the game. I think they've already been quite patient and helped you a little as well. But I think you're on your own. Could be just me who is cynical now, but I think you should nag them less, and over time you might get some useful hints.

Disclaimer: these are my own views, and I do not represent the development team in any way.

Development that would take them all of a prescious two min?

I am only asking for the low level movement and turning commands that UnitAI obviously uses in it's pathfinding and movement of units to be made available as an Engine.PostNetworkCommand

That's all.

It would take a person in the know 2 min to make these commands available to modders, and I do believe that one of the goals of this game is to be easily modable.

Listen.. trajan. I can see that everyone has been very patient with you over the last few days about your dreams and aspirations for this game. Unfortunately the development team is a very busy group of people.

Contrary to popular belief, we don't design games 24/7. We also have lives that include real jobs. Remember that we aren't being paid to do this. Therefore, for the free time that we are able to allocate toward the development of this game, which is also our dream - not just yours, we'd prefer to dedicate to implementing features that are absolutely necessary for development. The work we do is ultimately geared toward the next release - Alpha 3 for the time being. Perhaps when we "go gold", we can help you realize your full modding potential, but that just isn't one of our goals at the moment.

Thanks for understanding.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It'd be a nice little diversion :) in order for the combat to be interesting in first person someone would have to mod in a mount and blade style combat system, or something similar. But hey, I don't know anything about coding :P

edit: let me be clear that this would be a modder's job. The developers have their hands full making an RTS, I would think :)

Edited by TygerZen

• 4 weeks later...