trojan in windows installer?

jesus

Well, i dont know where i must post it. superantispyware detects a worm called "trojan.dropper/gen" in my windows 0ad alpha 2 application folder. please make sure the windows installation package is not infected, run an antivirus on it. good luck

Edited by jesus

Thanks for reporting this. In no way are we including any harmful software, so it's most likely a false positive (many antispyware/antivirus tools report things as spyware/antivirus even if they're not), or it's something other than our installer that's put it there.

That said I don't get any message about a worm in that folder when I search it with Superantispyware. Have you updated recently so you're using the latest version? (If it's a false positive they might have updated the program so it won't report our code as a worm.)

Also, from where did you download the file? (While we're most definitely not including any malicious software someone else could potentially be including a worm in a package they've made.)