Atlas Scenario Editor

Sounds great :)

2. Else if the player has a civil centre, the starting camera is focused on that,
If the player has multiple civ centres, does it pick the first (by entity ID)?
could you add (/readd) a reset camera button for when you've gotten in those situations where you cannot get back to a good view again?
Isn't there a "reset camera" item in the "misc hacks" menu or something?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should it always pick the lowest entity ID? That's easy to add.

I don't particularly care what it does as long as it does something specific and intentional and documented (at least in code comments), rather than something unpredictable. Picking the lowest sounds a fine way to do that :)

I don't particularly care what it does as long as it does something specific and intentional and documented (at least in code comments), rather than something unpredictable. Picking the lowest sounds a fine way to do that :)

Oh, every time it finds another civil centre in the XML, it replaces the last "target entity", which might have been a civil centre or some other unit.

• 2 months later...

I've never liked Apple styling. Never. The Mac OSX UI looks horrible, IMHO. The bubbly candy-drops look has never appealed to me.

But that's none of your problem Ben. Darn you Steve Jobs! ;) I'm sure there will be a lot of people very very happy that Atlas works in OSX. :worship: Kimball, for one, has been completely sidelined because of it. He'll be happy to see that it works now. :banana:

The UI alignment is all broken, but I think that's because it's forcing a minimum size for wxButtons, maybe that can be set to (1,1) and expanded evenly. The toolbar is missing entirely, or maybe hidden under the title bar?

The game view is more broken, it's all pixelated as theShadow pointed out (wrong resolution?) and the coordinate system is different than we expect so mouse events behave differently.

The game view is more broken, it's all pixelated as theShadow pointed out (wrong resolution?) and the coordinate system is different than we expect so mouse events behave differently.

The GL canvas isn't being updated properly when the size changes, it stays stuck at the initial resolution (which happens to be 320x240 - thus the ugliness). I've got a fix for this but it causes the game view to flicker when the window is resized or moved :(

Flicker on resize is probably inevitable, since we can't redraw synchronously - the current Canvas::OnResize often makes that happen on Linux (I don't remember about Windows). Changing position probably shouldn't be problematic though - I guess we should avoid calling the ResizeScreen handler if the OnResize wasn't triggered by a change in the width/height.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...