Serious Farming Bug

Mythos_Ruler

Confirmed. I reported this on IRC, but no one was around at the time (Michael: you don't use IRC. Haven't seen you there yet?!)

I think it's related to the changes for workers to kill animals before harvesting food from them. Missing some logic.

Edited by k776

I think it's related to the changes for workers to kill animals before harvesting food from them. Missing some logic.

Yes, it seems broken in r8296.

update:

I think simplest solution is adding to animals some attribute like "gather_after_die" and checking it in the Order.Gather.

Maybe better solution is adding additional order "hunting" (or modifying "attack" order) to attack animals and gather food from it when they die.

Also maybe I misunderstood things and completely wrong with my conclusions :)

update2:

Patch for "simplest solution": Fields.txt (I compare GenericName with "Fauna", maybe this can brake fishing)

Edited by fcxSanya

Confirmed. I reported this on IRC, but no one was around at the time
(I saw it in the scrollback and wrote down a reminder, but didn't have time to fix it until now.)
I think simplest solution is adding to animals some attribute like "gather_after_die" and checking it in the Order.Gather.
Agreed - done in r8343.
(I compare GenericName with "Fauna", maybe this can brake fishing)
I think comparing names is not a good solution, since it's inflexible (maybe we'll want a treasure chest you have to destroy before gathering its contents, etc) and introduces unpredictable side-effects when changing names. Better to add an independent flag to trigger the hunting behaviour.

I think comparing names is not a good solution, [...]. Better to add an independent flag to trigger the hunting behaviour.

You are right, of course. Adding a new xml entity was my initial idea for "simplest solution", but when I started implementing it I found even more simple solution with generic name and implemented that, what was as quickly as possible. And then I didn't have enough time to create a better patch.

Thanks for your patch :)