A few screenshots.

Mythos_Ruler

Looks to me like one of the Mediterranean bare ground textures.

Cool structure, by the way. You made the sticky-outy-part from towers, right? It makes me think of building walls across chunks of land, or between an opponent and a good resource area, just to stymie them. Has that ever been a viable strategy in RTS?

Edited by Aldandil

Nice to see the Celts getting more screenshot love. Please keep it coming!

SMST: You still have my name typo'd. Also, what is EE please? Another RTS game?

yes, empire earth is also an RTS, one of the more famous. in fact, i think it was actually the first one in three dimensions and was made by some of the same people as AOE and AOK. its similar in function to an AOE game but covers all of human history, from cavemen to mecha. there were two sequels, but the first one is definitely the best.

• 2 weeks later...

The dogs are nice but it seems strange that I can control a dog like a human (exploring the map, contributing to FoW, ...). What about making dogs always stay on range of other human unit and following what the human is doing (attacking, ...)?

Well, it's not entirely realistic to be able to control humans in detail either, so... (y) I don't think that's a problem, at least not with a dog, a cat would be something else entirely :victory: To be more serious: As this is a game we're creating and not a simulation I think it's perfectly fine to simplify things if they make the game more fun. Also, as long as they do as you tell them to dogs can do what you tell them to even if they're not close to a human being, perhaps even more often than a human would do what you tell them to. So to some extent one could ask why we can control humans in the first place, and why they're not ending up in a bar or running away instead of working and fighting tirelessly :P

I am confused. Didn't you drop plans about dropping of ressources at buildings, instead having gatherers not returning to civic centres and adding directly to the ressource stockpile while gathering?

True, but you'll still have to be in the Aura of a dropsite. So it's a bit of both worlds, forcing you to be strategic about where you place the buildings, but without the units having to move between the resource and the dropsite.