a few ideas

aldur

hi there,

i have a view ideas for 0ad:

* make an option to fix the camera (some like to have the same view, no accidently angle-changing...)

* fog of war should have intermediate stages (e.g.: start by 60% to 100% "fogged"))

* repair ruins (e.g. an decayed watchtower in an strategic position)

* raise terrain randomly a bit around buildings (this way they won't look like built on an perfectly flattened place)

(* maybe in addition to that: add grass small plants at its walls)

* traps to protect city walls

and finally:

*crocodiles (that attack units/animals crossing a river (e.g. Nile)) :victory:

Edited by aldur

* make an option to fix the camera (some like to have the same view, no accidently angle-changing...)

If you get an angle you don't want, just press the H key on your keyboard and the view is reset.

* raise terrain randomly a bit around buildings (this way they won't look like built on an perfectly flattened place)

Planned, or not necessarily to raise the terrain, but to make it even automatically :victory:

Planned, or not necessarily to raise the terrain, but to make it even automatically :victory:

Could the building 3D models not have taller foundations? While I agree evening the terrain below a building is a good way to fix it, it doesn't always look very realistic. I was surprised very few buildings extended below ground level, or if they did, they didn't go very deep. Quite a few models other than buildings, notably rocks, also don't have foundations so look like they're hovering. Don't get me wrong, the buildings I've seen so far all look excellent above ground!