Gawdayum is right.... oh @#$% lost my socks

Why?

This Page On This Site.

Raowr.

This is a no go for you guys isnt it?

'cos if it is im planning a mass defection, :victory:

mattering of course on how things turn out. >.<

English Translation for anything after the Roar:

Is it possible if most of anything on that page would be doable on the atlas? Such as making custom objects 'n such like bridges 'n @#$%?

'course, cant translate the rest as it IS in norm english.

Edited by AuroN2

You really cant? Want a translation of what i said into english? Done.

oh and im trying to help with ideas for features and whatnot, as it would be best to give devs shitloads of ideas so they can fiddle-fiddle to see what is doable and whats not, seriously.

OH and im reffering to the steps mainly, and the way you are supposedly able to make your own custom walls, doubt its possible but 'twould be nice with 0ad, but like i said, probably not going to be done, right?

Edited by AuroN2

DoF is going to be a really awesome game. Those guys are doing a lot of things right and are gonna knock it out of the park. Having said that, although it is an RTS game, in the end the two will be very very different games. DoF will have a lot of MMO and RPG elements that 0 A.D. simply won't have. 0 A.D. will also be more of a traditional hard-core RTS akin to Age of Kings, DoF looks more like something along the lines of Stronghold with some Lord of the Rings-esque RPG and MMO elements. I may be wrong in my analysis, since I haven't been able to get my hands on their testing builds (my rig doesn't meet their minimal specs, sadly).

This here is my favorite shot.

Well, makes more sense now; it's better to point directly at a feature and ask if it can be implemented instead of just linking to another game as if 0 A.D. should copy all of it.

And personally, I would first make a finished game, and then add the niceties instead of spending a lot more time and find all followers abandoned it in the meantime.

Yeah sorry, i do that sometimes, hence my first post, everyone raged at me until i re-explained what i said XD

But seriously, i would love to make alot of stuff by literally "brick building" for 0ad, 'cos i got plans, plans for something like... Warrior kings battles, hopefully if the castle walls around castle buildings things works, and since theres a garrison thingy, i might make it so you can extend your walls and put platforms on them (so you can put men on them :victory:), though, 'course, the brickbuilding would make noob modders like me have alot more fun, if not i'll just do it on dof, and im gunna make sure to own you mythos. my favorite shot is one of the major town ones, i think it was this one, yes, that one.

guess what's making it look so control is the way they wield 'ease of control', making everything simple yet... not too simple, and at the same time, unique and different, reveries smashing the floor with this one, its in its final beta, which is goodie news, so we can have a fiddle with it soon.

Edited by AuroN2

• 4 weeks later...

Hellsyeah, even though i havent exactly played spore i guess you mean the same general thing, and yeah, i would enjoy building things from scratch in the editor, would make eyecandying for me so much more.... fun? i always get bored redoing the same @#$% and the same @#$% over and over and over again in wc3 (even with modded buildings and doodads, i get bored too easly sadface!)

Lighting is primarily a renderer issue - currently the engine only supports a single directional light, and adding additional directional lights or non-directional point-source lights would likely need a lot of changes (and may hurt performance). But it shouldn't really be complex (lighting is a well-understood problem), and it would be nice to have. I'd be happy to add it to the editor if someone adds it to the renderer :ok: