Greek Scout Tower

Mythos_Ruler

Great work Mythos! Will these be like the towers in AoK (auto attack + extra attack if you garrison) or will they be a little more realistic in the way that you have to garrison archers or javelineers/slingers if you want missile fire, and infantry will only prevent enemy troops from capturing the tower by standing in the door?

@Alpha of the Eagles(get a shorter name, man :D): You've got it spot on! thats the way its sposed to work :D I'm gonna love it!!!

Just use Alpha. :P And the towers will be capturable!? (<- I don't think that's a word) Awesome!

Alpha, im smelling settlers 3 features in your comment!

I'm a 'devoted' Settlers 3 fan, and still play it on a regular basis with my friends. (y)

Edited by Alpha of the Eagles

I wouldnt make it settlers 3 style. (y)

I hope it will be possible to build towers onto wall corners for aesthetic effect, this may sound strange, but people might like, and it saves building space in your fortified town centre.

I think these are towers we're talking about like in Age of Empires, can be built anywhere, but as a tactical choice (create a bottleneck), not to expand territory. These can apparently still be garrisoned in the Settlers 3 way (which is somewhat realistic, actually).

Wow very nice tower guys! Even more impressed to hear it was created in Blender - great to see how popular it's become.

@Mythos_Ruler: Did you UV map the model in Blender and texture it from there?

Actually no. I created a couple of texture sheets (one for "fancy" buildings, one for "non-fancy" buildings, and one with miscellaneous textures). All the Greek buildings are (or will be) mapped to those 3 textures.

Edited by Mythos_Ruler