Alpha feedback

Pureon

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 8 or so new units released in Alpha VI. You'll have to wait to see which.

You're right, but i m looking forward to the fourth civilization ( and its units) :) . And about the new units in alpha VI, I checked the editor and found some nice looking war elephants, thracians and persians :D .

We talked about making a WWII minimod (one idea of mine was the Me-262 German jet fighter).

I would love it :). The friends of Springs: 1944 have a huge amount of WWII models, textures and sounds available on their SVN. Some old screenshots are available here (actually most models were redone and are a lot nicer than on the screenshots, see for example the posts on the Gallery forum section). And yes, the Me-262 is also available: screenshot.

Unfortunately the game isn't very fun to play with. They also use CC-BY-NC 3.0 license which is not compatible with 0 A.D. CC-BY-SA and also it isn't free, but maybe they could relicense something. I could ask if there is something interesting.

latest autobuild gives 2 conflicts (for pyrogenesis, not for atlas)

If you mean you get SVN conflict warnings when updating, that just means you've got locally modified versions of those files (probably due to compiling it yourself) - the "revert" command should get things back to normal.

EDIT: By the way, how much cost one P51-Mustang?

Wikipedia claim that it cost US$50,985 in 1945 :)

In 0ad template it has not 'Cost' element, so it inherit it from template_unit:

<Cost>
<Population>1</Population>
<PopulationBonus>0</PopulationBonus>
<BuildTime>1</BuildTime>
<Resources>
<food>0</food>
<wood>0</wood>
<stone>0</stone>
<metal>0</metal>
</Resources>
</Cost>

But as far as I know you can't create them in game :)

I meant ingame costs, of course.

So let us build a hangar, then. Or will we have only several planes at the start of mission and no way to build more?

And another idea: is it possible to include them in Alpha 6 under some cheat? For example we can get one flying above our CivCenter after typing "flyingflying" or something like that? B)

I've made the Median Lake map that I spoke about in this topic. This is the screenshot. it is a 6 player map with a large lake in center and players separated just like Median Oasis. Also a river goes into the lake and Until we don't have a proper bridge player 1 and 6 will have a huge advantage over the others. Is it good enough to be in Alpha 6?

viq6ndxipjxbqai667jl.jpg

Now I suggest you to change the name of Median Oasis to Arabian Oasis.

I would suggest you put shallow, crossable water in the river between players 1 and 6. Since we don't have a proper bridge. Also, it's possible to make a bridge, you have to get creative.

Here I have a little river. I've gone ahead and put two "other/bridge_hele" over it. Clearly though, they ain't bridges.

1-1.jpg

Now then, what you'll want to do is raise the land between the bridge pieces, smooth it out, then pain it an appropriate texture. It'll look just like a bridge! Somewhere, Mythos_Ruler posted a picture of a bridge using roman props and it looked great... Can't seem to find it though and my bridge looks terrible! Well, forgive the 3 minute hackjob :P

2.jpg

It'll take a bit of practice, but that's how it's done. Like I said, the other option is to make the water shallow enough to cross on foot.

I've made the Median Lake map that I spoke about in this topic. This is the screenshot. it is a 6 player map with a large lake in center and players separated just like Median Oasis. Also a river goes into the lake and Until we don't have a proper bridge player 1 and 6 will have a huge advantage over the others. Is it good enough to be in Alpha 6?

viq6ndxipjxbqai667jl.jpg

Now I suggest you to change the name of Median Oasis to Arabian Oasis.

It's too late to include in Alpha 6, but if you want to upload the files somewhere, I'm sure people would like to play a new map. Also here is some info about the map types: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Design_Document#Maps

On bridges, you should try to make sure the water on both sides is nice and deep so the units don't try crossing on the sides of the bridge instead.That's what happens on the bridge demo map. You can make it really steeply deep since it's going to be underwater where no one will see the sudden drop.

Edited by chaosislife