Alpha feedback

Pureon

Sorry for the slightly rushed screenshots this time - please ignore the vase sticking out from one of the boats! :ok:

As always, I have a question for the devs – Both the Celt and Hele docks are in pmd 3D format, is there a program that can convert these into dae or a more widely compatible 3D format?

Some really nice screenshots there regardless of what you say about them :)

The Celt dock is obsolete, will be a new one in the next Alpha which should be out very soon unless something unexpected happens. For converting files, see: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13290

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Celt dock is obsolete, will be a new one in the next Alpha which should be out very soon unless something unexpected happens.

Shame about the old Celt dock - Look forward to seeing the new one though :ok:

Thanks for the converter info, I should really check the dev forum more! Is there anything Ykkrosh can't do!

Shame about the old Celt dock - Look forward to seeing the new one though :ok:

I actually felt a bit that way at first, but when seeing the new dock my mind changed :)

Thanks for the converter info, I should really check the dev forum more! Is there anything Ykkrosh can't do!

One asks that question at times, but this time it wasn't he who did it :)

1. Its definitely an improvement, Mythos. I cant find the old dock in the editor though. Would be nice as eyecandy / house on water.

2. Would it be possible to make a new prop ( or more) by using the wooden 'bridge' of the new and old dock ? So we can make docks with longer piers, or a village on water etc...

Thanks

1. Its definitely an improvement, Mythos. I cant find the old dock in the editor though. Would be nice as eyecandy / house on water.

2. Would it be possible to make a new prop ( or more) by using the wooden 'bridge' of the new and old dock ? So we can make docks with longer piers, or a village on water etc...

Thanks

That's exactly why I wanted to open the old dock models - to build some floating dock structures.

The new Celt dock is an improvement, nice work! But keep the old one too, they look nice together! :ok:

Now that we 're talking about docks :)

When i look at the Veneti ship , and read Caesar's description there are some differences.

"For their ships were built and equipped after this manner. The keels were somewhat flatter than those of our ships, whereby they could more easily encounter the shallows and the ebbing of the tide: the prows were raised very high, and in like manner the sterns were adapted to the force of the waves and storms [which they were formed to sustain]."

I dont know whether Caesar is correct or the existing model should be adapted... :ok:

A question concerning the new Alpha 2:

It mentions on 0 AD's website that the new alpha has basic formations available, and I see the new controls for setting formations, but my soldiers only take up the default formation. I've tried all the other formations, but none of them work. Are some of them supposed to?

Basic is just the box for now. They are greyed out to help you realize they're not active, but there because the area looked a bit empty without the icons.