Alpha feedback

Pureon

Thread 4 looks a bit weird, running "ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4\OpHookSE4.dll" - that sounds like some background process/service is injecting itself into other applications. That probably ought to be safe, but are you able to disable that process and see if anything is different?

I stopped that process and the Atlas Editor works again! No idea how a piece of scanner software that came with my Canon Printer/Scanner can stop a program working, but it did! I'll take a look online for a permanent fix.

Really appreciate your time Ykkrosh :victory:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped that process and the Atlas Editor works again! No idea how a piece of scanner software that came with my Canon Printer/Scanner can stop a program working, but it did! I'll take a look online for a permanent fix.
Hmm, that's weird but good :victory:. I guess their software is buggy somehow, but I don't know exactly how and I don't know what we're doing to trigger it and I don't know why you'd only get the problem after updating graphics drivers (y). Would be nice to understand it, but that's probably hard and not worthwhile if it's working okay.

Hi guys, I've been experimenting with the editor and have a few questions that I couldn't easily find the answer to on the forums/guides:

1) Is it possible to rotate an object horizontally after it's been placed in the editor? Not during placement, which I know is possible.

2) Can objects be rotated vertically in the editor?

3) Can the game's user interface be hidden?

Edited by Pureon

Good to know Blender's collada export works without too many problems. I can successfully get models into 0AD using Blender 2.5 beta, however the stable version 2.49 doesn't appear to work despite many hours of trying. 2.5 beta's collada files produce one error message in the Atlas Editor that I'm as yet unable to fix.

In Blender 2.5b removing all objects (lights, cameras etc.), converting polys to tris (in the mesh menu), and unwrapping the model onto the UV are the main requirements.

Haven't tried animations yet, it'll be interesting to see if I can get my walking assault bot into 0AD.

Edited by Pureon

• 3 weeks later...

Small trading settlement

0ADprovtest01.jpg

0ADprovtest02.jpg

Sorry for the slightly rushed screenshots this time - please ignore the vase sticking out from one of the boats! :ok:

As always, I have a question for the devs – Both the Celt and Hele docks are in pmd 3D format, is there a program that can convert these into dae or a more widely compatible 3D format?