Gmax Gamepacks

Centurion_13

Not unless someone wants to donate $1200/year for us to get the gmax dev tools :) (A couple of years ago, gmax dev cost $80,000 - I guess they've decided it isn't worth quite that much.)

It is possible to write exporters in MAXScript just using the free parts of gmax (although they're not particularly easy to use) - it should be useful for lots of people, and so it would be good to provide with 0 A.D., but I have no idea if it will actually be done. :D

well thanks for the reply, I suppose I should have expected it to cost so much.

I just thought it would make it much easier to create new mods which is one of the best parts of this game.

at least we can always write export/import scripts but they can be such a hassle.

Also since were on this modelling topic, I was wondering what model format you will be using.

• 8 months later...

Well, why doesn't someone in charge of 0ad go over to the Blender.org User forums and put a thread up to recruit some coders for import/export scripts, or whatever is required?

There HAS to be someone witht he skills and the love of RTS and Modding necessary to write the code for free.

All of that if you chose Blender, of course. Same thign could work with Gmax, I suppose.

• 5 months later...

It's probably a bit early for that now. And probably makes more sense for a staff member to make the post.

Don't worry, if no one else does it, I'll certainly make the post asking for the help when the time comes (and if one of us doesn't make the script), since I use Blender for my 0ad work.