I want to get started, but...

Gen.Kenobi

Hi.

I want to get started into modding this game - I know it's ALPHA, but i want to start now, so i can later on write tutorials for the future modders that may come. I'm using the lastest public realese version and i have a few questions:

- What does "Ape" do? What is it's functions?

- How to bone models? Well, i don't know how you guys do it here, but in C&C we had to name each part of the model that will make a determined function, so the game engine could read and interpret it. Or i should edit XML files for the .dae files? Please give me some instruction here - i'm looking foward to get my own models ingame.

- What does "ColourTester" do? What is it's functions?

- How can i edit/add new entities? I have taken a look into my mods/public folder and i can seen to find the "entities" folder, where Mythos Ruller in this thread said that he modded the game.

Thank you in advance,

-Gen.Kenobi

APE is a particle engine. It's probably obsolete and useless now.

Skeletons are defined in this file. <standard_skeleton>s give the skeleton structures which the game understands; <skeleton>s define a mapping from a 3D modelling program's skeleton structure and naming conventions onto the standard skeletons.

ColourTester was for textures where parts get displayed in different colours for different players - it just shows what the recolouring looks like. I don't know how useful it is - it's probably better to just use the Actor Viewer mode in Atlas to see what the textures look like.

Entities are now in mods/public/simulation/templates/