Unit AI

Hmm, what time? You find the units on the map, you send them to the corral (if you have it built already, otherwise you have to build it of course, but if you'd remove building I'd say there'd be too little economy in the game :) ), you collect the benefit. A little time, sure, but not too much compared to the benefit it gives. I wouldn't say AoK was all about economy just because there were a few relics you could pick up and send home to your monastery :)

Oh no, I'm not saying that AoK was all about economy at all, what I mean is that the way I'm seeing breeding I don't see much of a point and more of a hinderance. I guess one way to do it would be to have breeding as options to upgrade your horses etc. But I am not sure if that was what you are looking for from it.

I don't know how you play RTS, but I play RTS where I will find a pattern to the quickest way to pour out strong units to overwhelm the enemy before they can say "Upgrading to 3rd Age".

I'm not saying everyone will play like that, but unless the coral ends up playing a core mechanic in the upgrade of offense, defense, or stronger faster economy, I don't understand why you would have that option available.

Look at it this way, every item in AoE was a core item that could be used for the greater good of your development and eventual conquering of everyone else. Even the relics, which played a huge roll in certain kinds of games.

Ok, for a rush it might not be as useful I guess, though still having cheaper units is still going to allow you to turn out more units faster so I doubt it's totally useless. We do need to make the game fun for others than rushers though, so even if it's not all that useful in a quicker game it's sure to be useful in a longer game.

We might have to tweak/change the effect if we find in testing that it doesn't provide enough of a benefit/too much of a benefit though :)

You could tailor the breeding/egg gathering towards a "boom" style gameplay for those of us who like to build strong economies before attacking.

For instance, you could task one person to a corral to take care of breeding, and have food trickle in from eggs, milk, cheese, etc. Then over time, as breeding methods get better, the food trickle would increase.

This would reward people for starting early with breeding. Kind of like an investment for later in the game.

You could tailor the breeding/egg gathering towards a "boom" style gameplay for those of us who like to build strong economies before attacking.

For instance, you could task one person to a corral to take care of breeding, and have food trickle in from eggs, milk, cheese, etc. Then over time, as breeding methods get better, the food trickle would increase.

This would reward people for starting early with breeding. Kind of like an investment for later in the game.

Yeah I can agree with the corral. I don't hav q problem with any of it to be honest as long as long as breeding is a button and not micromanagement.

I'm not sure if it's the text in the DD that's unclear or what, but the idea is that you task the animals to the corral, you don't need any unit to take care of them. So only a one time action sending the animal to the corral is needed (after it's been built of course, but that's also a fairly minor thing in my humble opinion :) ).

Just a little something I thought about relating to how the player interacts with these commands:

I assume you will have some sort of hotkeys assigned to the various commands the player gives, then use this by right clicking, but when it comes to adopting these stances, would it also be hotkeys?

I recommend you look at the setup Homeworld uses for players, where you can make your units assume stances (and formations) with the 'F-keys.' It's really easy to use and very convenient for the player in the heat of battle (the alternative is to use a sub-menu to access these options).