Cant Built the game.....

akku0503

I am using Visual c++ 2008. When i try to build the code that i downloaded from http://svn.wildfiregames.com/public/ps/trunk/. I shows the message that build failed.

Help me please.

my build out put is as follows:

1>------ Build started: Project: atlas, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

2>------ Build started: Project: network, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

2>Compiling...

1>Compiling...

1>precompiled.cpp

2>precompiled.cpp

2>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

1>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

1>precompiled.cpp

1>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\atlas_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>atlas - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\network_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

2>network - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

3>------ Build started: Project: simulation2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

4>------ Build started: Project: scriptinterface, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

4>Compiling...

3>Compiling...

4>precompiled.cpp

3>precompiled.cpp

4>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

4>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\scriptinterface_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

4>scriptinterface - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

3>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

3>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\simulation2_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

3>simulation2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

5>------ Build started: Project: mocks_real, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

5>Compiling...

6>------ Build started: Project: lowlevel, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

6>Assembling d:\O AD\source\lib\sysdep\arch\ia32\ia32_asm.asm

5>mocks_real.cpp

6>Compiling...

6>precompiled.cpp

5>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

5>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\mocks_real_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

5>mocks_real - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

7>------ Build started: Project: gui, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

7>Compiling...

7>precompiled.cpp

6>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

6>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\lowlevel_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

6>lowlevel - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

8>------ Build started: Project: graphics, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

8>Compiling...

8>precompiled.cpp

7>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

7>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\gui_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

7>gui - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

9>------ Build started: Project: i18n, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

9>Compiling...

9>precompiled.cpp

8>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

8>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\graphics_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

8>graphics - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

10>------ Build started: Project: engine, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

10>Compiling...

10>precompiled.cpp

9>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

9>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\i18n_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

9>i18n - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

10>d:\O AD\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

10>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\engine_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

10>engine - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

11>------ Build started: Project: pyrogenesis, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

11>Compiling...

11>main.cpp

11>d:\o ad\source\lib/external_libraries/boost_filesystem.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/filesystem.hpp': No such file or directory

11>Build log was saved at "file://d:\O AD\build\workspaces\vc2008\obj\pyrogenesis_Debug\BuildLog.htm"

11>pyrogenesis - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 11 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

One possible problem is that "d:\O AD" contains a space, and the build page says "Make sure it's in a path that does not contain any space characters".

(By the way, it should be a zero rather than an "o".)

I don't think that should cause this error, though. Does the "libraries\boost\" directory exist at all? You could try running the SVN update command to make sure it's finished downloading all the files.

One possible problem is that "d:\O AD" contains a space, and the build page says "Make sure it's in a path that does not contain any space characters".

I don't think that should cause this error, though. Does the "libraries\boost\" directory exist at all? You could try running the SVN update command to make sure it's finished downloading all the files.

i unfortunately deleted all the file from the directory to re-download it. I also got at latest alpha release of the game. But when i run it i have the only option to take single player. when i choose this option the game get started,but only with 2 horses. below i have attached a screen shot of the game when i launch it.

I hope this happens since it is the only thing available in the alpha release.

can i use these files instead of the file from SVN? Should i download them again?

Can i tell me the actual size of the SVN download ,so i can conform that it downloaded all the files soon after SVN checkout.

i unfortunately deleted all the file from the directory to re-download it. I also got at latest alpha release of the game. But when i run it the only option i have is to take single player. when i choose this option the game get started,but only with 2 horses. below i have attached a screen shot of the game when i launch it.

I hope this happens since it is the only thing available in the alpha release.

can i use these files instead of the file from SVN? Should i download them again?

Can you tell me the actual size of the SVN download ,so i can conform that it downloaded all the files soon after SVN checkout.

post-9090-1275851298_thumb.jpg

Is that screenshot from a version of the game that you compiled yourself in Visual C++? It looks like it's failing to load the Collada_dbg.dll library, which should exist in the \binaries\system directory. Make sure the "Collada" project in VC++ has been compiled without any errors, and that Collada_dbg.dll exists.

If it does exist, but it still fails to load, then I have no idea what the problem is ;). Someone else reported a similar problem over IRC, but I don't know the cause or how to debug it.

The latest pre-alpha release ought to work very similarly to the current SVN version. I'm not sure how large SVN is (it depends on OS and filesystem and compression etc), but if you run the SVN "update" command in the top-level directory then it will detect and download any missing files.

Is that screenshot from a version of the game that you compiled yourself in Visual C++? It looks like it's failing to load the Collada_dbg.dll library, which should exist in the \binaries\system directory. Make sure the "Collada" project in VC++ has been compiled without any errors, and that Collada_dbg.dll exists.

If it does exist, but it still fails to load, then I have no idea what the problem is ;). Someone else reported a similar problem over IRC, but I don't know the cause or how to debug it.

The latest pre-alpha release ought to work very similarly to the current SVN version. I'm not sure how large SVN is (it depends on OS and filesystem and compression etc), but if you run the SVN "update" command in the top-level directory then it will detect and download any missing files.

I have included my debug log below, Please check this .

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\pyrogenesis_dbg.exe', Symbols loaded.

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\glu32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ddraw.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dciman32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\mozjs-ps-debug.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleacc.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\msvcr80d.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\libxml2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wsock32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nsi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\iconv.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\zlib1.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4016_none_d0893820442e7fe4\msvcr80.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\OpenAL32.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.debugcrt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_bb1f6aa1308c35eb\msvcp90d.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.debugcrt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_bb1f6aa1308c35eb\msvcr90d.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6002.18005_none_5cb72f96088b0de0\comctl32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dsound.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\powrprof.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\MMDevAPI.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\userenv.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\secur32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imagehlp.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wdmaud.drv'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ksuser.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\avrt.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\AudioSes.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\AudioEng.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\psapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.drv'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\midimap.dll'

TIMER| InitVfs: 24.7369 ms

TIMER| InitScripting: 138.513 ms

WARNING: Cannot find config file "config/local.cfg" - ignoring

WARNING: Cannot find config file "config/profiles/default/settings/user.cfg" - ignoring

TIMER| CONFIG_Init: 170.996 ms

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nvoglv32.dll'

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x15bc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x6d8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x148c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wbem\wbemprox.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wbemcomn.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rsaenh.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wbem\wbemsvc.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wbem\fastprox.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdsapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\Wldap32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\netapi32.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\nlaapi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\IPHLPAPI.DLL'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcsvc.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winnsi.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcsvc6.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\NapiNSP.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rasadhlp.dll'

TIMER| write_sys_info: 506.856 ms

TIMER| ps_console: 119.853 ms

TIMER| ps_lang_hotkeys: 112.243 ms

TIMER| common/setup.xml: 124.971 ms

TIMER| common/styles.xml: 20.575 ms

TIMER| common/sprite1.xml: 85.8173 ms

TIMER| common/init.xml: 210.026 ms

TIMER| pregame/sprites.xml: 54.8509 ms

TIMER| pregame/styles.xml: 16.2245 ms

TIMER| pregame/mainmenu.xml: 659.178 ms

TIMER| common/global.xml: 26.8303 ms

TIMER| InitRenderer: 381.201 ms

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\vorbisfile_d.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\ogg_d.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\msvcrtd.dll'

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'D:\0ad\binaries\system\vorbis_d.dll'

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xb18) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x85c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\idmmkb.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

TIMER| common/setup.xml: 15.2956 ms

TIMER| common/styles.xml: 8.3028 ms

TIMER| common/sprite1.xml: 65.9791 ms

TIMER| common/init.xml: 58.7163 ms

TIMER| loading/loading.xml: 57.2807 ms

TIMER| common/global.xml: 10.2377 ms

ERROR: Failed to load COLLADA conversion DLL

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/structural/settlement_1.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/structural/settlement_1.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/structural/settlement_1.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/structural/hele_civic_struct.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/structural/hele_civic_struct.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/structural/hele_civic_struct.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/structural/hele_civic_struct.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_05.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_05.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_04.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_04.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_03.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_03.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_03.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_02.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_02.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_06.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_06.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_02.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_04.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_01.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_01.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_01.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_05.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "units/hellenes/cavalry_swordsman_e_r.xml" on actor "cavalry_swordsman_e"

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_long.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_long.dae failed to load

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x52c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x11c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/f_tunic.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/f_tunic.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/f_dress.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/f_dress.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/f_tunic.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/f_tunic.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/f_dress.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_long.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "units/hellenes/cavalry_swordsman_e_r.xml" on actor "cavalry_swordsman_e"

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/deer_mesh.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/deer_mesh.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/deer_mesh.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/geo_medit_06.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/underbrush_02.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/underbrush_02.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/gaia/underbrush_01.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/underbrush_01.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/underbrush_01.dae failed to load

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildModel(): Model art/meshes/gaia/underbrush_02.dae failed to load

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/ga

The cause of all the errors is the one that says

which is triggered by dll.LoadDLL() failing in source\graphics\ColladaManager.cpp line 82. The question is why does it fail to load the DLL, but I don't know how to discover that.

My log is slightly different from his, but it's the same problem:

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\Collada_dbg.dll', Symbols loaded.
'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\FColladaD.dll'
'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Unloaded 'Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\Collada_dbg.dll'
'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Unloaded 'Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\FColladaD.dll'
(more mesh load errors)

It seems like Collada_dbg.dll and FColladaD.dll are being loaded succesfully, and then immediately unloaded. Interestingly enough, building the project in Release mode results in Collada.dll and FCollada.dll being loaded successfully and remaining loaded. MSDN documentation mentions this:

If the specified module is a DLL that is not already loaded for the calling process, the system calls the DLL's DllMain function with the DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH value. If DllMain returns TRUE, LoadLibrary returns a handle to the module. If DllMain returns FALSE, the system unloads the DLL from the process address space and LoadLibrary returns NULL. It is not safe to call LoadLibrary from DllMain. For more information, see the Remarks section in DllMain.

I took a look at DllEntry.cpp for FCollada, but didn't see anything that would explain the debug version not loading correctly (heck, DllMain always returns true for FCollada so I don't really know how LoadLibrary would ever fail to load the DLL). I didn't see see a DllMain for Collada so I don't know if something's wonky there.

Hmm, odd that that actually loads it first...

One possible idea for debugging: Try running Process Monitor to log all file accesses, and then see what it outputs during the game's call to LoadDLL. Maybe that'll indicate some unusual files it's missing (e.g. apparently Windows sometimes wants AtlasUI.dll.2.config because of the insanity of the SxS DLL system and compiler service packs; perhaps there's something similar here).

Ok, here's some more weirdness: after compiling the project in Release mode, going back to Debug mode and running the debug build still results in the same message, BUT most of the models seem to be loading successfully, except one. Here's the output I have now:

'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Xin Liu\Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\Collada_dbg.dll', Symbols loaded.
'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Xin Liu\Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\FColladaD.dll'
'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Users\Xin Liu\Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\Collada_dbg.dll'
'pyrogenesis_dbg.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Users\Xin Liu\Desktop\0 A.D\trunk\binaries\system\FColladaD.dll'
ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/props/helmet/helmet_corinthian_dual.dae'
ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/props/helmet/helmet_corinthian_dual.dae failed to load
ERROR: Failed to build prop model "props/units/heads/hele_hoplite_e.xml" on actor "infantry_spearman_e"

I've attached the ProcMon log of the current situation, but I'm not sure how helpful that'll be.

Logfile.7z

Models are cached in a custom binary format after they've first been loaded from the Collada source files, which is why they're still visible when you go back to a Debug build. You have to delete the %appdata%\0ad\cache folder (I think) to force it to reconvert.

In binaries\system\, could you try copying AtlasUI.dll.2.config to FColladaD.dll.2.config and see if that makes any difference? (The log indicates Windows is looking for that file.)

Lots of things change, which makes it hard to work out what is breaking it ;). Maybe you could try changing build/premake/extern_libs.lua to use "FCollada" where it currently uses "FColladaD" (then run update-workspaces and rebuild), to see if it's happier when it's not trying to use FColladaD.dll?

Hmm. That DLL works for me (on the computer I compiled it on), and the Release mode one was compiled at the same time. I guess the significant difference is the CRT DLL it uses, and maybe for some reason it's not picking up the msvcr80d.dll that it needs, perhaps because of the evil SxS/manifest thing. Still not sure how to understand what the problem really is or fix it, though.

Don't know, but after rebuilding FColladaD on my machine, they are both loading properly and remaining loaded now. I had to comment out this line in DLLEntry.cpp to get it to compile:

case DLL_PROCESS_VERIFIER:

It was telling me DLL_PROCESS_VERIFIER was undeclared, which was weird since that looks like a Win32 thing. Maybe it's been removed now in Windows 7.

Edited by Zoomastigophora

I faced the same issue , and the same sollution Ykkrosh proposed helped .

also I am getting some error message when I start debugging the game.

Assertion failed: "numPackagesTimesLogical != 0"

Call stack:

NumPackages (topology.cpp:214)
apicIds = 0x53BD069E -> (unavailable - internal error)

cpu_topology_Detect (topology.cpp:286)
topology = { numPackages = 0 (0x00000000), coresPerPackage = 0 (0x00000000), logicalPerCore = 0 (0x00000000) }

topology = { numPackages = 0 (0x00000000), coresPerPackage = 0 (0x00000000), logicalPerCore = 0 (0x00000000) }

ActivateCounter (whrt.cpp:56)
counter = 0x002CF8C8 -> (ICounter)

GetNextBestSafeCounter (whrt.cpp:70)

InitCounter (whrt.cpp:105)

CallFunctionPointers (winit.cpp:71)
begin = 0x002CF8FC -> 0x002CF948 ->
end = 0x5C8CC06A -> 0x8BFC4589 ->
t0 = 27179340 (0x019EB94C)
t1 = 21352066 (0x0145CE82)

winit_CallInitFunctions (winit.cpp:88)

initterm_e (:0)

__tmainCRTStartup (crtexe.c:406)

wmainCRTStartup (crtexe.c:389)

CallStartupWithinTryBlock (wseh.cpp:378)
ret = 2947416 (0x002CF958)

ret = 26511536 (0x019488B0)

ret = 0 (0x00000000)

RtlInitializeExceptionChain (:0)

errno = 0 (?)
OS error = 50 (The request is not supported.
)