Where are you in your life?

Wow, really dead here these days! Time to get the blood pumping again!

So, where are you in your life right now? School? Work? Any new kids coming? :)

Just suppose to be a fun thread about your life! So that we all get to know one another a little bit better!

I'll start:

I'm currently very occupied by exams these days. I'm studying market economics (best translation I could come up with) at a private school called BI. Next year I'm back at public school, which will be the University of Stavanger (western norway). There I will study travelling management.

Oh, and today we celebrated our national day, the 17th of may. And for the first time ever, I didn't see the parades and all that, cause I had to read and prepare for exams :)

SO, whats up with YOU?

hugs, Øyvi ;)

Haha... Oyvind, I love your posts, bro! =D

Currently, I just finished up my midterms. Since I'm nearly done at my comm. college, I'm trying to transfer to a place around Seattle called UW. And when I'm there, hopefully I'll be enrolled in a USMC ROTC programme. So that's my plan for the next year. ;)

Edited by TheCobra1

I am a sophomore in Biology at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology. I will declare another major in Science Education this summer.

Not working at the moment, no children planned. Just moving out of my parents' apartment.

Kudos to this community! You guys rock!

Where am I?

Getting married next april so thats exciting! As some may know I am the owner/operator of a small post production facility. We are currently working on two feature films a television series and two international television commercials. Things are pretty busy here.

I also decided in my free (non 0AD) time I will be doing some freshwater fishing!!!

In the long run I see, no more landlords/owning a house, and a few kids who I will train to work with me as audio engineers lol!

@TheCobra: What is USMC ROTC programme? Some kind of NASA stuff? ;)

@Jeru: Sound interesting. For smart people :) So it's basicly a lot of math and science?

@Matt: Congratulations! Even though after watching How I met your mother (TV show) I'm not sure it's a good idea .... haha,.. just kidding of course.

So your business, maybe some footage we might have seen? Sounds very fun! And good luck making children. I hear that making them is the best part =p

USMC ROTC: United States Marine Corps Reserve Officer's Training Corps. Basically a shot at an officer's commission in the service via the ROTC program while in college.

I graduate high school in 18 days, and I have my option of University of Arizona, University of the Pacific, Arizona State University or University of Colorado at Boulder. Which would you choose?

@Jeru: Sound interesting. For smart people ;) So it's basicly a lot of math and science?

I did a year of calculus and a semester of statistics, but for now biology is one of the sciences that is least heavy on math. (That may change in coming years and decades, though, as computational approaches in biology turn out to be even more useful and popular).

Otherwise, yep, lots of science. The first half of the degree is particularly heavy on chemistry and physics, and the rest is pretty much a wide variety of courses in biology, from biochemistry and genetics to development, evolution, ecology and much more.

Overall a challenging but fascinating degree. Highly recommended for anyone who's as curious about living things as I am.

@Jeru: And I guess you would say, has a high IQ? :) Sound very very hard.

@Kimball: What kind of subjects are you taking? And sorry, as a norwegian it's impossible for me to give any advice regarding American colleges. On the other hand, if you are to study abroad, for example in Norway .... I would be able to give you all the help you need! ;)

My brother loved Boulder, so that would be my suggestion. He only stayed for a year because he missed his girlfriend, but he loved the academics and social life. Everyone on the hall left their door open and just walked in eachother's rooms to hang out and everyone went to the football games, and that's not the case with the school he transferred to.

Well i'm a gymnasiast (something close to a highschool student) and will have final exams next year. After that, I will either have a Free Social Year or I will go straight to university - studying history and philosophy, maybe to become a teacher.

As you can see, I am not at all the practical type of character who would study economics.;)

@Matt: I know another dude that's going into audio engineering. I've always wondered--is there a lot of money in that? Congrats on the wedding! That totally rocks! ;)

USMC ROTC: United States Marine Corps Reserve Officer's Training Corps. Basically a shot at an officer's commission in the service via the ROTC program while in college.

I graduate high school in 18 days, and I have my option of University of Arizona, University of the Pacific, Arizona State University or University of Colorado at Boulder. Which would you choose?

Exactly. :) I'm thinking about going for a BA in International Business, but I'm not so sure if that's the best of ideas.

Ummm... personally, I'd do UP. But that's just 'cause of the weather + sea. =/

I'm currently studying Marketing. And economics.. :) Very interesting. But a lot of reading and a lot of models. Models for everything =D

Dude. How do you like economics? I took Macro-Econ last quarter and pretty much vowed that I'd never take it again (until I saw I did pretty well in the class).

My brother loved Boulder, so that would be my suggestion. He only stayed for a year because he missed his girlfriend, but he loved the academics and social life. Everyone on the hall left their door open and just walked in eachother's rooms to hang out and everyone went to the football games, and that's not the case with the school he transferred to.

Boulder is actually my number one choice right now. I was accepted to USC for the Spring, but I figure it's not worth it to either take the first semester off and maybe add another year to my college experience, or to go to another school and transfer halfway through. They also offered me the option to transfer after just two semesters instead of four like everyone else, so hopefully I'll be able to spend sophomore year at USC. ;) Both great academic/football/party schools, and if things go as planned, I'll get both sides of the public/private school spectrum.

@Cobra

For ROTC, consider an engineering degree , or if science isn't your thing, go for communications or international relations. That's a recommendation straight from COL Anderson, the commandant of the San Diego ROTC program (covers every school from SDSU to UCSD to USD).

Edited by Kimball

I find economics interesting. Some of it. I have macro-economics, basic budgeting and results and all that stuff.

the macro is very interesting, also because I like having fun on the stockmarket. Although I'm losing quite a bit of money these days... ;)

Also, everyone should know basic economics for their own good.

Tuesday and wednesday I have exams in both Statistics and basic economics :\

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone

Im working as a software engineer creating financial desktop applications. Busy with work a lot, but hopefully i can contribute to 0ad's development. I did my graduation in the field of Information Technology.

In the future, hopefully ill have more time on my hands ;) ! As for the other things i can even think/plan about them now (maybe a bit too soon to think lol)

• 2 weeks later...

May as well bump this thread again... well, right now I'm a freelance artist working on a portfolia/saving money to study at a particular school in Canada (Toronto to be precise) in a year or two (preferably after my sister's wedding in late 2011, since I'm real darn excited about that). I suppose I'm in that stage of life where I just want to be away from home for a little while. ;)

Edited by FirePowa8

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Aviv, got me a E :P Had to leave after 2 hours though, so just happy I didn't fail :victory:

@Firepowa8: Hehe, if your single, I heard that Canada has the best looking woman in the world. Read it in some article a while back. Lucky you!

@Auron2: haha, you'll figure it out. Just think about what you like to do when you grow up and try to focus on something related to that (y)

• 2 weeks later...

I just graduated from college (December 2009) and am now utterly broke and fairly unhappy. I have spent a year searching for any kind of job at all, and at this point I feel like there's not even any point in looking anymore. :ok: I'm a bit worried that if I spend too much time looking for jobs (and failing) that I'll end up depressed. I moved back in with my mother because I can't afford my own place.

But I should be very grateful that my parents are still willing and able to support me.

Edited by Aldandil