Hello! I'm Garick

Well, let's follow the protocolls and introduce myself to the community.

I'm Garick (real name: Gustavo) I'm Brazilian, 25 years old. I play Age of Empires I since its creation, back in 1998 i guess and Age of empires II (and the awesome conquerors expansion) since 1999 (yeah, i was 15 back in that day.

The time passed and i grew old, but the passion for the especific game only became bigger and bigger. I play by average against humans, i have a lot to learn.

I discovered your site i not even know how! but i fell here and i saw the amazing job that you are doing! i'm reading the stuff for more tham one week and i bought a few books to learn how to code in C++, i will learn it, even if it's needed to start from dust =D

I have good skills in video editing and i offer myself to translate the game for portuguese wen the time comes!

As Aragorn would say: You have my sword (yeah, i'm a geek (y))

Ps.: sorry about the crappy english, it's not my mother language, if you see mistakes in my speelling, please, warn me and i will work to make thinks right!

There's no doubt you are incredibly enthusiastic about helping 0 A.D. get done! And we love you for that. You are my new friend.

But Gustavo, it's also very important to have good skills to be able to help out. It takes a long time to learn game programming at the level needed to work with the existing code (though I encourage you to keep learning!). I don't know game programming myself. Neither do most contributors to 0 A.D.

I think the sentence you said you know video editing is more useful than the entire application you wrote. Can you show me a video you made?

Also, maybe you can let game development websites in Portuguese know about 0 A.D. Also Linux fan sites sometimes run stories about us, and I heard there is a strong FOSS movement in Brazil, so maybe you can spread the word to more potential contributors from your country.

Edited by Jeru

YEah Jeru, let's go for the points:

- My skills in programming are close to zero, and i'm pretty sure that they are not usefull today, but i will build them to be stronger, and probably usefull on the days that are about to come.

- I have a few Videos on youtube that i made for the place i work, those are only humble videos with image captures and simple editing.

->This one is for an event inside the game, it didn't happened, but it looked pretty good:

->This one is my very-first video, simple introducion and simple transitions and stuff. But we always get bound to old crappy stuff =(

The voice is my own, in portuguese, helping costumers of the store i work to create theyr accounts using one system in WOW.

-> This one is a simple footage of a comedy sketch about a job interview, it's only funny in portuguese =( but ok we used it on a contest and we won 2nd place!

I'm working in a new projetc, it's for instance a tribute do Age of Empires II ^^

I'm doing it using your program for edit mods of age II, but for footage and chroma-key stuff! I will be good, wen it is done i will show you for sure!

I had a lot of other vídeos with good introductions and heavy-gear sutff, but my HD is now dead, with a lot of sutff =(

*personal note: use backups next time*

Hope i'm not scaring you with my way of talking or what, but i can garantee that i'm ok ^^

And you can be so sure as the sun will rise tomorrow that i will spread the word!

Edited by Garick