Very Important

Mythos_Ruler

Scree Resolution  

81 members have voted

1. 1. In what screen resolution do you play video games?

• 1024x768
    • 1152x864
    • 1280x960
    • 1280x1024
    • 1600x1200
    • 1440x900
    • 1600x900
    • 1680x1050
    • 1920x1200
    • Other (4:3)
    • Other (Widescreen)
    • 2560x1600
    • 1280x800
    • 1920x1080
    • 1280x720

The resolutions I currently use are 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050 and 2560x1600. Widescreen seems quite ubiquitous (y). I run 0 A.D. at 1024x768 (windowed), but that's just for development so I can have editors and console windows visible at the same time - is everyone likely to play the game fullscreen instead?

some serious stuff to take in mind for screen resolution is:

- you need a lot of options.

- you need options of resolutions that would play nice in more humble computers (using the lowest graphics possible).

- take in consideration the size of the units. i mean: wich would be the point of making detailed and beautiful unit, if in a great resolution the player will be unable to see them well and "enjoy the wiew", and today, more and more players enjoy great resolutions, and good graphics, if the units are proportionaly too small, they will not enjoy the cool graphics you are working for.

I say this as a player of course

Yes please, try to make the game work on even older graphics cards! Another game I was eagerly waiting for, which claimed to be free and to be designed for "low-end" computers, requires expensive new graphics cards that have to be bought separately. I was quite upset by that.

That can easily be changed (y)

In the meantime, I've added the missing options, but that apparently wipes out the previous votes. Doh!

The previous state was "4, 1, 0, 4, 0, 1, 0, 3, 2, 0, 1".

I thought I remember there being three votes for 1024x768 earlier. Did my vote get lost during the remake of the poll?

In short, yeah, but as long as the alternatives are in the same order, which they should be as there's no apparent reason to change it, your vote is one of those four that Jan listed first :P So while the forum software didn't remember it Jan made sure it wasn't lost.

I think by humble Darthturtle meant "as old as the 0AD project," or perhaps "not expensive or state-of-the-art," not "small." A netbook is a fairly new computer, yes?

I mean, you guys started this years ago, so unless you've increased the system requirements as you went along, it should still work on somewhat older computers and graphics cards, right?

I'm going to be terribly sad if I never have a chance to play 0AD or Last Alliance because of my graphics card.

Edited by Aldandil

• 2 weeks later...

Neither is my machine. I have 2 GB of RAM and 2.93 GHz CPU, but my graphics card is a 64 MB integrated Intel 82845G Graphics Controller, and my page file is probably still set to "728MB used, 499MB available." I don't know how that compares to a GeForce 3 graphics card.

Edited by Aldandil