Will there be some kind of RMS map like AoM's RMS?

rjs23

Keep following us via RSS or Facebook, rjs23... In the next coming months and years we hope to make some nice progress, and you can keep track of how the RMS part of the game evolves and even suggest how to implement it best, make feature requests etc. :)

Hm, yes they do help because they provides basic explanations. They could use some suggestions- like what type of return value returns?

However, it seems incomplete in my opinion and contains several glitches/errors like this

Area(parentArea ¶

null)==== This is the constructor.

I will try to look more of the stuff.

I've looked into it, and it motivated me to download and install 0ad but I failed to install it because I could not use visual studio c++. I ran out of space on my main hard drive. I tried to install visual studio c++ on my external hard drive, but it still require some free space on my main hard drive to put files to.

since I can not compile it myself, I will have to wait till 0ad comes with installer.

I am curious to know one thing- does it come with some kind of debugger tool in case there's an error? It's similar to AoM's rms debugger if you made RMS maps in AoM.

Edited by rjs23

You can test it even if you can't get Visual C++ to work or you don't have enough space:

Try going to this folder: \binaries\system

Then double click either pyrogenesis_dbg.exe, pyrogenesis.exe, or atlas.bat and you're set to go.

I personally don't know yet about the debug tool.. Haven't played with the coding too much since I installed, heh I've been too distracted making models :)

Edited by ScionOfWar

If you need to, you can lower some settings that'll make the game run smoother. For my computer the fancywater simply doesn't work, and unless I need them for screenies I remove the shadows too for the sake of speed (doesn't slow me down too much but every bit helps!)

Visit this folder:

\binaries\data\config

And make a local.cfg file with information like this:

fancywater=false

shadows = false

default.cfg has more settings you could possibly tweak in your local.cfg file to increase performance.. It may just be that you're on 64 bit though. Then again keep in mind that some of the game is still in progress, in particular if you're running on the older sim system then pathfinding and such is very glitchy. There's a newer sim setup with better pathfinding but lol you'll need VC++ to build it :)

Edited by ScionOfWar

• 1 month later...

the newer simulation system works much better! There is no delay with mouse when I tried to order it to move. I'm loving the newer system more than old one. To me, I feel this is a huge step forward in term of gameplay.

I have not yet create a RMS map yet but I plan to do so to practice around.