Can't boot up the game

dvaldez9

Erik mentioned the first problem yesterday, but it works for me and I've got no idea what causes it.

For the second problem, one guess is that it could be fixed by creating a text file ...\binaries\data\config\local.cfg saying

fancywater=false

Otherwise could you find the files that are probably in C:\Users\Whoever\Roaming\0ad\logs called system_info.txt, crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp, and upload them somewhere?

Dino, I'm about to start a bug report (will probably have it posted before you are online again, but wanted to make it known what I'm up to... :) ) on Trac where you can post your details as well. I'll post the link here when it's up. I'm just doing a new checkout to be sure I don't have any leftover problems from an earlier checkout/something gone wrong in an update/when building/etc.

Am not sure what's going on. Checked out SVN trunk again to be sure I started from the beginning. Am not getting any crashes or errors when running the precompiled pyrogenesis.exe. Atlas crashes, but doesn't display any errors. Am currently building to see if running in VC++ will show any error messages. In any case, it doesn't seem to be exactly the same thing as Dino reports, but as strange as it seems it could just as well be the same :)

Oh. That explains it. It's all there.

I think the relevant documentation needs to be fixed for newbies like me.

The file says:

Graphics Card : Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family

OpenGL Drivers : 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4906; iglicd32.dll (6.14.10.4906)

Is there any way we could do something equivalent to adding a .lnk shortcut file in SVN, which points at the %appdata% path, so people browsing the game installation directory in Explorer can find the log files more easily? (I have no idea how portable .lnk files are, or whether they can point to non-absolute paths.)

Actually, maybe it'd be easier to just have an OpenLogsFolder.bat file that does "start %appdata%\whatever" to open the folder. I can't see why that wouldn't work, and it's easier than requiring people to read the .txt file and to understand what "%appdata%" means.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, maybe it'd be easier to just have an OpenLogsFolder.bat file that does "start %appdata%\whatever" to open the folder. I can't see why that wouldn't work, and it's easier than requiring people to read the .txt file and to understand what "%appdata%" means.

Done, added to svn root. (Due to current-drive issues, I couldn't get it to work without "cd /d "%appdata%\.."; start .", but I don't see a downside to that.)