Units can't be killed (7296-7297b)

wrut

Moving this from general forum as feneur advised. I have just built 0AD with VC2008 Express on my XP SP3, svn was 7296 when i built it, when i have updated to 7297, but didnt built anything. SVN update log contained some binaries, so i'm not sure if i'm still using build ones or from svn. The problem i has, that in my games units can't be killed. They either do no damage or just one unit receives damage till zero health, but keeps fighting. I have tried default Latium map and Oasis. What other information can i provide?

XP SP3

Athlon X2 4200+ with DualCore optimizer patch

Nvidia 9800GT latest Forceware

I'm not sure how high priority it is to fix this though, since it's likely to either not continue be an issue with the new simulation system or even be due to some change which has occurred in the rewriting process. I doubt it's the latter though as Philip has been keeping the new system separate so we don't loose any functionality in the mean time :)

Yeah, I think the changes I've made shouldn't affect the old system (though I could be mistaken) so I'd prefer to blame someone else for the bug :). I wouldn't be too surprised if I had accidentally broken it, though. But in any case I'd agree it's probably not worth spending much effort to fix, since all of this should be replaced by the new simulation system soonish, which will get rid of those old bugs (and add a whole set of new ones).

SVN update log contained some binaries, so i'm not sure if i'm still using build ones or from svn.
If you're running from Visual Studio, and it's on the (default) "Debug" configuration, then you'll be running the ones you built yourself (pyrogenesis_dbg.exe), and the ones in SVN (pyrogenesis.exe) are separate. If you build the "Release" configuration (which has compiler optimisations enabled) then you'll overwrite pyrogenesis.exe, and SVN will complain of conflicts when you update, so you'd probably notice.

The simulation system is already in SVN, and it's possible to use the new system rather than the old by using a command line switch.

-sim2

Please be aware that it's not as developed as the old one yet, so only basic things work at the moment. Philip is constantly improving it though and is happy for others to help, so it should only be temporary. :)