Marian Reforms

Fionn

(How) do you plan to include the Marian Reforms for the Republican Romans? Will it be a technology that converts all infantry into legionnaires, or will legionnaires simply be a separate unit from the velites, hastati, etc? Like most of my topics, this is a bit trivial but just out of curiosity I would like to know.

Will it be a technology that converts all infantry into legionnaires, or will legionnaires simply be a separate unit from the velites, hastati, etc?

The Marian reforms especially affected the Hastati, Principes and Triarii. These troop types turned into one new unit type, the names were still in use though. However, this was not the only change, but it's the change the Marian Reforms are commonly known for.

My idea was to do a patch that would span between the Republican Romans and Imperial Romans (covering the Marian Reforms and the time of Pompeii, Antony and Cleopatra, and Caesar, the Successor Kingdoms, etc.), then the Imperial Romans in Part 2 would be Trajan and Hadrian's Romans.

I like this... I'd be interested in seeing if your idea somehow goes through.

Edited by Fionn