Download 0.ad

No offence, and it can be easy to miss, but have you read the 0 A.D. front page or have you just looked for a download link? :P;)

I'm just asking since at the top of the page it clearly says "0 A.D. is a game currently under development by Wildfire Games" and a little bit below that there's a news post about open sourcing where we clearly say that we haven't released a playable game yet. That said, it is possible to download the game in its current unfinished state, but it's really just recommended for developers at the moment as it's a bit more complicated than to just download it. For more info you can check out http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions to see if you think it's worth the amount of work it requires.

Yes, I have readed that.

It doesn't seem so.

I admire patience of people here. Still reading same questions asking about download and still answering them politely.

I doubt that elsewhere would be so polite and wouldn't send you to places where Sun doesn't rise.

So you have been worked at 0.ad since 2001, without a release? ;)

They are few in numbers and also have lives to live. It isn't their full time job.

Personally, I admire what they achieved. Try to join them and you'll soon understand.

If you were doing such game, would you be faster? You'd have to develop own engine and so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On the other hand it is quite possible to make cool screenshots of your own in the Atlas editor with the assets provided in the Public Release. Think of it as a sandbox release.

EDIT: I am quite sure the latest build of pyrogenesis.exe is included in the public release and does not need to be compiled. Anyone confirm?

Edited by Mythos_Ruler