Boudicca

Wijitmaker

Check this out:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0409457/

Mel Gibson as a producer?

Looks like we got another epic historical film that fits in the time period of our game :D

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - After the success of his "The Passion of the Christ," Mel Gibson is bent on bringing another bloody historical tale to the big screen.

The actor-filmmaker's Icon production company is working on "Warrior," a dramatic account of Boudicca, Britain's warrior queen, reports Reuters. The story is in high demand in Hollywood, with at least three other scripts in development besides Icon's.

Queen Boudicca lived during the first century A.D. and reigned with her husband King Prasutagus in Iceni, in the present-day counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. After the king's death, the occupying Romans had Boudicca flogged and her two daughters raped, inciting her wrath. Although the queen was successful in leading a rebellion that killed approximately 70,000 Romans, her forces were eventually defeated, whereupon she took her own life by taking poison.

Historians believe that "Warrior," like "Passion," will invite controversy because of Boudicca's iconic status among feminists and Britons alike who have their own vision of the ancient queen. Little is known about Boudicca, whose story was lost until the 16th century, when Queen Elizabeth I decided to promote the concept of the noble warrior queen.

Hmm, sounds interesting. Though I do not like the idea of portraiting the Romans as evil, brutal, plundering and supressing imperialists who only want to make the inhabitants of the provinces slaves, which is unfortunatly used pretty often in such movies about rebellions against Rome.

"4 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

4 Members: ZeZar, Fire Giant, Vaevictis_Music, olsner"

cool :D

4 users .. :D

Anyway, im looking forward too this one .... King Arthur comes to Norwegian cinemas tomorrow, i just HAVE to see it :P

I like war movies :P

Hmm, sounds interesting. Though I do not like the idea of portraiting the Romans as evil, brutal, plundering and supressing imperialists who only want to make the inhabitants of the provinces slaves, which is unfortunatly used pretty often in such movies about rebellions against Rome.

If it looks like a pig, walks like a pig, rolls in the mud like a pig, and Oinks like a pig... its a pig :D

:D

:P

Should be a good flick... but unfortunately, a little too much like Braveheart and The Patriot. What is up with Gibson? He should try a different track. He used to be cool. He used to have an "edge" (Mad Max, Galipoli, Lethal Weapon 1), but now he's just tired.

And you know what? I hardly think any of it will be historical. Nudity in combat? Won't happen.

An "edge" like creating a super contriversial movie that generates over 300 million on a 30 million budget? :D

No, but seriously... I agree, like people were saying in the articles I was reading. Its "Braveheart in a Bra", how can you make the story interesting? It's basically already been done.

The pathetic thing is, there are 4 movie scripts floating around Hollywood about this same story!

...*ahem*...

While the Romans didn't necessarily want all of their vassal peoples to be their slaves, they were certainly in the imperialism business only for the cash. Also, while they built really nice collosea, aqueducts and roads, they could as sure as heck be "evil, brutal, plundering and suppressing imperialists" when they really set their minds to it.

While the Romans didn't necessarily want all of their vassal peoples to be their slaves, they were certainly in the imperialism business only for the cash. Also, while they built really nice collosea, aqueducts and roads, they could as sure as heck be "evil, brutal, plundering and suppressing imperialists" when they really set their minds to it.

One tiny problem: I can understand this concept with the Roman leaders and other Romans in power, however, not all 'Romans' were in for the business/plundering/etc. There's a fine line with judging an entire group of people by their leaders/powerful representatives alone. Every culture can be 'evil, brutal, plundering, and suppressing imperialists,' it all depends on the point of view of the side which you are viewing.

Looks like we got another epic historical film that fits in the time period of our game

Lets just hope that it's not another Attila! Yay to block buildings, Romans who speak English and the lack of any Roman Culture.:D

One tiny problem: I can understand this concept with the Roman leaders and other Romans in power, however, not all 'Romans' were in for the business/plundering/etc. There's a fine line with judging an entire group of people by their leaders/powerful representatives alone. Every culture can be 'evil, brutal, plundering, and suppressing imperialists,' it all depends on the point of view of the side which you are viewing.

I was, of course, referring to Rome the empire, the political entity, the army, the establishment. Not Rome the old woman selling groceries in Pompey.

Yehaaa! Anything with Romans makes me happy :D Boudicca, Hannibal, Gladiator 2, Denzel Washington's Hannibal Project.....and they win in all of them :D Hotdog! How much better can it get? Really, as long as the fights are good I am looking forward to all of them!

@Sunshine - LOL especially if she were a Germanic slave :P

Attila was fairly interesting, evevn though it had it's flaws.

Troy was also pretty cool, and they weren't as "hollywood creative" as i had expected.

King Arthur looks shabby, and i have no doubt that it is. It looks like an episode of xena, and i find it appaling that they claim it to be a historical movie.

I have high expectations for Alexander, and hope they cut down on the love stories(and not just cause he had a male lover ;-))