conquer and use enemy civilization

jorgepiolle

i have not see a 0AD demo because it's not yet. but i like have options as others games as imperium,

where we can conquer enemy structures and use this civilization and all units as own,and have priests

and another religious units to capture,heal,and damage enemy units as empire earth.

Ever play cossacks? If the enemy had absolutely no military units in the area, vills and buildings became instantly yours. With the capture of vills you had unlimited access to that civs units buildings and techs, and with nearly unlimited population this was basicly an endgame situation. Of course if you came into this situation the game was over long ago anyways.

On a side note i wonder how, with upwards of 8k units fighting each other on the screen at one time, that there was no lag.

To the best of my knowledge, converting/using enemy units is not planned though it could be added through a mod or expansion.

On a side note i wonder how, with upwards of 8k units fighting each other on the screen at one time, that there was no lag.

I've never played Cossacks, so I can't be 100% sure this is the way they do it, but normally games that have thousands of units on screen at the same time don't actually treat the units as individuals, they just represent them that way. The benefit of this technique is feeling of commanding a sizable army, while the major drawback is the lack individual unit interaction. It is a matter of taste, but personally I prefer having fewer units and controlling all of them as I please. :)

If the game was up to me to make, I would allow interactions with individual units, but when you put them in a formation, like a shield wall or something, you have to control all the units in the formation. That would make maneuvering in formation much harder (ever played tw series?) and maybe a reduction in speed, which is realistic. Of course the formation would give bonus defense/attack/multipliers, etc.

And if you want to interact with individual units again, you have to break the entire formation.

Edited by buggy123