so..

Zhukstr

Pretty much. :)

Although here might tell you more about gameplay:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/0ad/page.php?p=9923

I don't know what else we could tell you. The game will have formations, unique factions (6 of them) with historical units, a unique tech tree system, a unique training method, cool ships, big beautiful buildings, and territories. :D That pretty much sums up our game. Do you have any specific questions?

Here's what one of our Persian ships looks like.

persiantrireme2.th.jpg

Tech tree system sounds intriguing, I think I read it here that you had to choose either one or the other with each having their different bonuses and weaknesses.

Questions

How big are territories are gonna be and how many will a map support approximately?

Could you by chance have already confirmed or thought of a posible unique train XD?

Do units move on ship (Not like walk, but like do their idle animation where they mess with their hands and stance instead of being petrified like stone)?

You got any idea how the editor is gonna work? (In game made triggers or test scripting)

- Territories will be large enough to sustain a player for a good 15-20 minutes at the beginning of the game. After that, the player should have hit the building caps for that territory and will have exhausted much of the resources and will be force to expand to other territories by capturing the well settlements at their core (build a Civic Centre over them). A good player will want to capture as many territories as possible as soon as possible in order to prevent the enemy player from doing so. By actual "size" of the territory, it'll prolly take your slowest unit a good 30 seconds to travel across a territory, I'd say. I'd say a territory is several screens big.

- I don't know what you mean by "unique train." :)

- Units will perform idle animations (crack their necks, looking around, being bored) when on-decks, yeah. :D

- The editor will be similar to the AOM editor, but designed in a 100% more efficient way for ease of use. There will be a bunch of pre-made triggers, but they are also javascript-based, so end-users who can script can make their own triggers pretty easily.

oooh so the production speed of your military reflects from your own economy, sounds like fun ;p. Hmmm I wonder how the economy could possibly influence the method, oh well we will have to wait for that to develop.

Awww no brainwashing priests, oh well gameplay always goes before history, if I recall correctly, in ancient Rome priests had the unworldly ability to brainwash people and to summon titans ;p.

So you guys think this is gonna be ready to go in 5 years?

In other words, more you buy...cheaper units? ;p

I don't care that much about the economy stuff though, as long as there are territories and diplomacy, the game is gonna be as interesting as it can get, VERY.

OFF TOPIC:

I didn't know you guys had a sister site (Reverie).

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

• 1 month later...