resources ideas

heavy

i like the games like civilization with more than 4 resources

some ideas:

-food (animals,farms,fishing.......for upgrades,units)

-wood (for buildings,upgrades and buildings)

-steel (mines, for units and upgrades)

-wealth (mines,trade....buy resources,upgrades and buildings)

-stone (mines, buildings)

-water (next to rivers,with aqueducts,needed for some buildings,unit hit points,etc...)

in the water for example it would be cool to create water channels for eye candy or defenseive purposes and stone to create buildings like walls,monuments and bridges

sorry for my english xD

For a game like Civilization it's a good thing, but for 0 A.D. with more focus on the warfare part I'd think that many resources would be a bad thing. I mean, in an RTS where you have to react to things in real-time things need to be a bit simpler than in a turnbased game like Civilization where you've got time to think carefully about every choice you make.

yeah it would change dramatically the gameplay, but thats the point.....i think it must be a diferente game with some ideas from otrher games la age of empires,imperivm III,civilization,all concepts in one rts game

Edited by heavy

That's the great thing about 0 A.D.; modding is open ended. Instead of limiting the community by controlling what content can be modified, we intend to allow the community to forge nearly anything in our custom-built design environment that is not only beginner-friendly, but allows experienced modders to let their creativity flourish.

What I really liked in the settlers franchise is the way the ground changes to a road when walked a lot upon.

It would be cool if you have a market and town center and you are sending caravans in between. The enemy can interrupt your trade routes because they can see the roads, so they know where in between you trade.

Catch my drift?

The water idea got me thinking ans maybe for a mod u could make it so you have to build aqueducts and u could only build buildings near an aqueduct.

And what about Celts or Iberians? They didn't build aqueducts. How can they play random map in desert then? That is IMHO good point against them.

We kind of do this by representing settlements as wells for the player to claim by building a Civic Centre there. But as far as other factions and aqueducts? Hmm... perhaps Iberians and Celts can build wells and Eastern factions can build canals. Greeks built aqueducts, but they were simple clay underground water channels, not the giant stone ones made by Romans. But that could be represented some way.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for bringing this topic back up, but it irritates me that the metal icon is so dull ;p, if it will not be called gold at least give us something besides an anvil int he icon, maybe a pile of gold coins with a sword, helmet, hammer, shield and maybe that anvil ;p, and rocks, a mix of these guys in a single pretty to look at sprite.

Also do different mines have different gather rates? (Stone, rock Pile no bonus, iron and steel 5%, silver, and copper 10 % bonus, gold 25 % bonus).

And are the corrals that auto gather food when animals are inside still in the game, it sounded like an awesome idea in the screenie.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel