Hello All

Just came across this site today. What an amazing endeavor. Good luck to you all.

My name is Steve I'm a 40 something old Systems Analyst and developer - also a 3D Artist. I have a little site on the web devoted to history especially Roman history and 3D reconstructions of Rome, Greece and Egypt.

I am developing a small RPG game myself -web based so it's interesting to see how you all do it.

Currently working on a few commisioned projects including Hadrians Wall - Pons Aelius Project at NewCastle. It is a 3D reconstruction of the Roman fort that used to be situated along Hadrians Wall. The project is just about finished right now I am putting together a short animation about the fort and the area around it.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello and great job so far. Impressive!

• 4 weeks later...

What kind of buildings? In what format? Textures too?

All kinds of buildings. Thing is we have to go a little ahistorical in order to make it plain to the player what the function of each building is. We export our meshes to Collada (DAE) format. DDS is our texture format as well. :D

Nice animation by the way. The one criticism is the shimmering and occasional aliasing, but other than that it is fantastic. :)

:D Im really impresed by the animation, how long does it take you to do that?

What I like the most:

1. The legionaries, did you create the models by yourself?
  2. The grass :D , those kind of little things are ussually harder to get a nice, natural look
  3. Overall lights and camera, a very nice composition.

Congrats, and keep working :)

• 1 month later...