Clans in Oad

deaconwar

We've barely had any plans concerning our multiplayer service since we want to concentrate more on having a game first :D You can't have a multiplayer service without a game.

But, do you have anything in particular in mind that you're looking for?

(By the way, let all the other Deacons know I have something in store for them concerning this game :D )

Perhaps subtitles to user nicknames. For instance, once a clan leader or member registers a clan name, then any member that joins may choose the clan from a list of clans and this clan name will go beneath that player's nickname. For instance, I just joined Mythos Clan, so, then I make a new nickname called Mythos_Ruler and choose from a list of registered clans which clan I have joined. A permission is then sent to the clan leader, who then allows the new member to use the subtitle. This is then updated on the "server" and the subtitle is then applied to the player's nickname.

Mythos_Ruler

Member of Mythos Clan

*raises hand*

I think having a "Clan Ranking" system would be cool as well. Along with normal user-rankings, we could have a page that averages the rank of all the members in a clan to make a "clan rank". You'll have to register your name as part of a clan.

I HAVE to say something here :D

First of all, you guys at 0ad should be focusing A LOT on the clans. I think that in the bottom, clanwars (In CS its more PCW-s) will be a really popular thing i think.

Services you could add:

Ignore list (After my opinion pretty important)

Chat (I mean in the "lobby")

Buddy list

Mythos_Rulers idea :D

Clan rankings

Player rankings

Top 5 clans shown in the lobby (Where (WarLord) will have the honor of being on the top)

AND, maybe a download station, or news station, were you can read abbout new mods, new clans that do well, and so on ?

To be honest with you guys, we have only recently advanced far enough into the process of building the game to be able to even think about this stuff - multiplayer, clans, etc. We do have some ideas regarding using an existing chat program and modding it somewhat to suit our needs. However, it is all very preliminary.

I think any ideas that you guys can put forward will help us immensely on the kind of "direction" we should go regarding the multiplayer and clan aspect of the game.

So, if you could, if you give an idea, be sure to give us details of how you'd like to see it implemented! :D The more details the better, not only for us, but for lively discussion as well. :D

ok, you want details?

hmm ... I can explain the things i want a lot better, and i will, but i really dont know how :P

Ill try :D

"User list"

You can see every player that is online in a frame or something on the right, or left side. There you can click on him, rightclick, and you get options. You can either: Add to ignore list (The person then shows at the bottom of the list with a line over him or something like that), add to Buddy list (He goes to the tpo, with some kind of mark, and maybe there can be a message when you log in "Him and her are online" get that ?:D), See the persons clans rank, and see the persons rank.

"Clan rankings"

Well, here you can have some form of "Top 5" at the main lobby. Also, you can be able, either in the lobby, or at WFGs website, to search, challenge and check out clans. This have not be done really well in any game as far as i know, so it would be awsome :P

"Player rankings"

Much the same as clanrankings, but you should get more info on the player. You should have some kind of register system, were he can give much info about himself, and what clan he belongs too. He will have to send a "offer" to the clan, and the clanleader will have to reject, or accept :P

"Download, or news station"

There could be an option, like a link somewhere that leads to a new lobby window, News. There can you read about new modifications, updates, roumers about expansion packs and so on ... :P

This is all i have right now, got a lot to do today so i can explain more later if you want me too :P

believe me when I say I will entirely jump into this part of development when it comes. This is extremely important to me as it is to all of you, and it's also something I find fun when it comes to code. One thing I plan on suggesting or if I'm to code the server will implement is infinite nicknames per email. This allows for people to change their nicknames for example when they join or switch clans without having to start over in rank. It'll be one account per email, but you can change the displayed name as many times as you want.

Of course, this type of thing needs to be approved, but I don't think anyone will have a problem with it :D.

believe me when I say I will entirely jump into this part of development when it comes. This is extremely important to me as it is to all of you, and it's also something I find fun when it comes to code. One thing I plan on suggesting or if I'm to code the server will implement is infinite nicknames per email.  This allows for people to change their nicknames for example when they join or switch clans without having to start over in rank. It'll be one account per email, but you can change the displayed name as many times as you want.

Of course, this type of thing needs to be approved, but I don't think anyone will have a problem with it :D.

Neat idea. Loved that,

You know ... i played a lot of Empires online .... but when they first patched it, i lost my rank, no big deal because everyone did. Then my clan (Way my desition too :P ) had a new clantag, because we all had sort of different tags, and i asked how to change in the Empires community

A: "Well, just delete the Empires account you have at gamespy". So i did. And yeh, it worked, BUT I HAD NO RANKING, so i had like 1000 when all my friends and people on the internet had 1300-1600 :P Its not that its a big deal, but there are games that says "Minimum 1400" and so on ... And it take sometime to make it 1400.

So for that reason, i stopped playing Empires online a lot ... just sometimes and i am not very good anymore :P hhehee, not that i was very good, but im worse than i was now :D

So, letting us change names, without deleting the ranks and so on, it great :P

I hope you can decide much about MP things .... you look like you know what players and clans want Zeustor :P

I rember when you came to our fourms and thanked us :drug: but I was the only deac to hunt chezzy down to wfg because I wanted to see what he was working on :D looks like raptor hunted me down now :D Hi raptor

just to let you know you should read the rules raptor becaues posting smilies in a row like that Isn't allowed. heres the link because there are a lot of things to rember. but if your just kind to people and not a spammer youll do fine

yeah, thats the only way that these forums are different from deacon forums........almost anyways.....Ill try to restrain myself :D

@cheezy.....I feel a months-old-warstory coming on plz? I think this was before my time :/ Ive been at deac six months now....but I dont recall that

I played on that map a lot tho, so it must have been rigth before I joined maybe? (god I loved that map, only problem was with large #s of people it took FOREVER to start)

ahh the good old days the deacs use to play that map all the time for clan gatherings that was great fun. I never looked but wasn't there suppose to be a single player campaign type of style from that map. If there was I must of missed it because I tried to make a conqor the world campain out of that map. But i could never get it to work online. I don't think you can do certain triggers over eso or somthing. :D ohh and cheezy I'm looking foward to the world map on oad :D