Any questions?

jshores

If the answer is yes...excellent! ;)

Post them and we will try to answer here, in a soon to be posted Q and A, or both! This is your chance to be immortalized in indy game development as the guy that asked "that" question. You will be recognized in restaurants and accosted for an autograph. The story of your epic question will be told second hand at frat parties. Your question could possibly be forever immortalized in a gold engraving sitting in a museum next to the Gundestrup cauldron. Act now!

1)How many units will each faction have?

2)Will there be a population limit? If so, will it be moddable?

3)How will population work? Will it be a resource which acumulates (Imperial Glory anyone), or a static resource (most RTS games)?

4)Will you develop the AI to be a reasonable oponent and/or ally, or will it be scripted to work only in the campaigns?

5)How will the minfaction system work (IE will you have Pezetairoi and Spartan Hoplites at the same time)?

6)Will there be a limit to elite units in the map (i hate when in late game, in most RTS games, all armies in the map are purely made up of elite units)?

7)Will units change visually when they gain experience?

8)Will resources be finite? Will there be an alternativve way to get resources when the main sources (mines, trees, etc) run out?

9)How will trade be implemented?

10)Will the AI know how to trade, handle formations and such?

11)Will there be a rock-papper-scissors counter system for units, or will the game be more flexible in that aspect?

Are there farms and will they give infinite food or will there be a limited number per farm?

Will formations be unique to every civilization or will some formations be more general and be options in multiple civilizations? And how sophisticated will these formations be? (As in a way to line up units that gives a defense bonus from range, or other certain types of attacks.)

How much health will units have vs. damage they produce? (Obviously a very general question, will it be fairly easy to take down a unit, or will they (most units) have lots of health with little damage?) How long will battles last? (obviously depends on the size, but it's related to damage vs. health, a small skirmish will last a few seconds? a minute?)

Will there be any aggressive animals such as lions, bears, wolves?

How much will experience/level affect the power/damage a unit can produce?

How many types of game modes will there be (Deathmatch, Random Map)?

How fast will units gather and how short can games will games be as a result? (Just an estimation, are they going to gather at a slow rate or will economy be something that's fairly easy and fast and skirmishes break out in the first few minutes of the game.)

How will population be controlled? Will there be a limited number of houses? Will there be town centers that add more room and allow for more units to be trained?

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by Silver

My Lord has a few questions:

1. How many units can be selected at once?

2. The last trailer said "2009" at the end of the video. Does this mean you are coming near the end of production? I'm sorry for this question but my Lord is most impatient.

3. What will the modding tools be like? My Lord has seen the FAQ but he would like you to describe it in detail.

4. What types of defensive structures will there be?

* Can I make my own in-game cutscenes?

Yes. Camera movement for in-game cinematic sequences is fully controllable in the Scenario Editor.

5. Please describe how this will work in detail.

6. Will upgrades be retroactive to the units already on the battlefield? What my Lord means be that is if he researches "Elite Hoplite" do all his "Hoplites" become "Elite Hoplites?" (hypothetical example).

7. Sucessfuly multiplayer depends largely on the number of people playing online. How do you plan on attracting more people to this game?

I can answer some of these:

@Gondorman:

1) 7 Basic Units + a couple of Uniques - whatever Basic Units that civ didn't have (eg. Rome won't have light Cav. etc.)

2) There is a Pop. Cap. (early estimate said 250). As to whether it is moddable or not...

6) Due to the way 0AD's elite system works this shouldn't be that much of an issue. Elite units are those who have fought and survived the longest.

7) Yes.

11) I'm pretty sure it's R-P-S, but there is a bit more flexibility depending on tactics.

@ Milords ambassador:

7) it's free. That's a pretty good way of getting people in!

@ Milords ambassador:

My Lord is sure people will be willing to play if they know they don't have to pay for it, but how are they going to get the word out? WildFire Games won't receive any revenue for 0 AD, so there will be no way to actively advertise.

Basically what my Lord was trying to get at was he would use the Order Of The Wolf to get the word out, with a price attached of course.

@ Milords ambassador:

My Lord is sure people will be willing to play if they know they don't have to pay for it, but how are they going to get the word out? WildFire Games won't receive any revenue for 0 AD, so there will be no way to actively advertise.

Basically what my Lord was trying to get at was he would use the Order Of The Wolf to get the word out, with a price attached of course.

Getting the word out would be appreciated in due time ;) Does this lord of yours know any programmers with a lot of free time though, that would be highly appreciated at this time :shrug:

I can answer some of these:

@Gondorman:

1) 7 Basic Units + a couple of Uniques - whatever Basic Units that civ didn't have (eg. Rome won't have light Cav. etc.)

2) There is a Pop. Cap. (early estimate said 250). As to whether it is moddable or not...

6) Due to the way 0AD's elite system works this shouldn't be that much of an issue. Elite units are those who have fought and survived the longest.

7) Yes.

11) I'm pretty sure it's R-P-S, but there is a bit more flexibility depending on tactics.

Great.

@ Milords ambassador:

Indeed, it is ;):shrug:(y) !!

I have a couple of questions:

1)Will the game data (like unit stats, names, population cap, and such) be moddable in text files, like in Total War games?

2)I was just reading the FAQ, which says that some features (morale, fishing and units walking in walls, for example) wont be in the first release, but may appear in the Expansion Pack. Will we be able to use the first release civilizations (Hellenes, Celts, etc) with Expansion Pack features?

2)I was just reading the FAQ, which says that some features (morale, fishing and units walking in walls, for example) wont be in the first release, but may appear in the Expansion Pack. Will we be able to use the first release civilizations (Hellenes, Celts, etc) with Expansion Pack features?

Any and all official Expansion Packs will include the original factions as well as new factions. The old factions will be updated in order to take advantage of any new features we introduce in later expansions/versions of the game.

1. Repeating a question: Are farms going to have infinite food? (I suggest you do that so we can concentrate on military part more; also make them expensive to get)

2. Will u add ''cool new features'' like AQ in AoT in future expansion packs? (I hope not, cuz they make the game worse)

3. Will Elephants be as OP as in the other Age of games? ;_:

Thanks in advance.

BTW: about advertising; I don't think it will be a problem, people will find out about this game really quick I bet. I already begun telling people how great this game will be on AgeSanctuary xDD

Edited by t i m a e u s

Any and all official Expansion Packs will include the original factions as well as new factions. The old factions will be updated in order to take advantage of any new features we introduce in later expansions/versions of the game.

Great ;)

Em, what is AQ? Im not keen on Age of games.

Edited by GONdorman

I acctually think AQ is fun, but I hope Ellies won't be as good as in AoT

How many people still play AoT? I played for a little while but stopped fairly early on.

I remember playing that RPG scenario, the big wall with unlimited resources game and random map, rated and unrated.

Random Civ FTW

Edited by Silver

Another couple of questions (y)

1)Are the ideas from this thread still vigent and being used? Because in that case, I cant see where would units with axes fit. Unless you randomize models, so that when you have a group of Gallic Warriors, for example, some would wield axes. Also, which unit types does each unit type counter?

2)Can we make new unit types (for example, Infantry Riflemen, Cavalry Carabinier and the like)?

3)In this pic, the "Advanced" hoplite wears a bornze armour, which is more solid and expensive (or seems to be) than the linothorax that the "Elite" hoplite has. IMHO, the "Elite" hoplite should wear the bronze breastplate, and the "Advanced" one the linothorax. If im wrong, please explain guys :shrug:;)

4)Will archer and javelin units have a different animation when they fight with units who are hitting them? It would be cool, instead of having them firing even at enemies who are just beside them (like in AoK, Aom and most RTS games :P )

PS: Many of you people may find strange that I am a lot of time online on these days. What happens is that, where I live, im on holiday :P , and most of my friends have gone on holiday, while I did not, so i dont have a lot to do ;)