Sorry guys new member

Coolbeans

Hey,

I heard about this a long time ago before it was anywhere near the completion it is now. I just checked the website and saw how awesome it looks and decided I'm sold. Because I don't really wanna search thru the entire forum and website I thought I would just ask you guys the main questions I have.

1. Is there an estimated release date for the game?

2. How powerful will a computer have to be to run it?

3. How will it be possible for such a professional looking game to be open for download.

Thanks guys

Hey,

I heard about this a long time ago before it was anywhere near the completion it is now. I just checked the website and saw how awesome it looks and decided I'm sold. Because I don't really wanna search thru the entire forum and website I thought I would just ask you guys the main questions I have.

1. Is there an estimated release date for the game?

2. How powerful will a computer have to be to run it?

3. How will it be possible for such a professional looking game to be open for download.

Thanks guys

1. This is always in flux. To be honest all we can offer you are certain benchmarks that you can follow to help you gauge how close we are to completion or "Gold." The progression will go like this:

- Open Source Release

- Internal Alpha Test

- Limited Public Beta

- Perhaps a wider Public Beta

- Gold

We are approaching an Open Source release at this time.

2. This is always in flux as well. If I was to estimate right now, I'd say a 2.0GHz processor, Geforce 6+ grafx card (or equivalent), and 1GB or more of RAM would be recommended. This should not be a problem for most players, because I estimate at least 2-3 years of further development. Prices for Grafx cards, processors, and especially RAM are falling almost exponentially and it should be very easy to meet our game's recommended specs.

3. I think the "look" of the game is irrelevant as far as distribution goes. ;) If you are talking about how we are going to distribute the game, we will most likely use many many mirror sites, like downloads.com and sites like that. We also will make use of peer-to-peer applications. We will encourage our fans to "pirate" our game as much as possible Share share share.

You're right, I was thinking the same. I've been training a small army of carrier pigeons in my free time.

But no seriously, I'm sure some hot shot tripple A publisher will swoop in at the last moment, offer us millions, and we'll completely sell out ;)

Then you can bug EA about the release date :shrug:

Edited by Aeros

But it wouldn't be 0AD we are anticipating.

When you do something for fun, outcome is different than when you do it as duty.

Also, commercial games are forced to be done ASAP and so contain many flaws (not that doing software for fun makes flawless software, but ...) with which are these barely playable.

Also, interest in historical accuracy is often sacrificed to money.