Industrial mod

vonbrune

5 Heroes of Mexican Independence:

Miguel Hidalgo

Jose Maria Morelos

Agustin Iturbide

'El Pipila'

Vicente Guerrero

El pipila would be a siege hero, THE DUDE TIED A FLAT STONE ON HIS BACK, AND FIRED DOWN A WAREHOUSE

Ed1: Misspelling error

Ed2: Misspelled the 'misspelling' word

Edited by Jugulator

Some ideas for Russia:

1. Good lumberjacks.

2. Houses/farms/mills/livestock pens incredibly cheap, quick to build, perhaps get some resources back upon destruction.

3. Some territorial bonus (perhaps like RoN, with damage done to enemies) or maybe some bonus for obtaining multiple territories, or for holding on to territories even when buildings on it are destroyed?

Point for these three things is to emphasize Russia's method of defense, that is, burn and retreat. Defending by attrition. Any good ideas here?

This is Imperial Age...

Russia:

"backwards" society, there was no progress after the 1700's and by the late 1800's it was plain to see.

If possible you could make it so that they split into either White or Red Army Factions.

- Brilliant Cavalry, Cossacks.

- Hardier, raised in appalling conditions, stronger foot-soldiers.

- Fast navy, though not necessarily better

- Unique Building, Palace.

Prussia:

Unifying Germany, while Modernist would not be as liberal as England and France (Bismarck's dismissal via Wilhelm II), Good weapons and decent training for ground-troopers with good artillery.

- Best Artillery, Good all-round Ground Soldiers

- Weak at start severe penalties (ie. Less Population), Strong in middle and Good finish.

- Strong, Heavy Battleships and Dreadnoughts. Das Kreigsmarine.

- Unique Building... TBC

France:

Cutting Corners is a speciality of France. maybe not in the early 1800's, but by the 1910's their Guns where second rate. Their love of Liberal society keeps them strong.

- Soldiers willing to fight and die for the country they love so. Poilu, High attack, High speed, bad range.

- French Foreign Legion. Will decimate Infantry, but not invulnerable themselves.

- Decent navy.

- Unique Building... TBC

England:

THE POWER of the 1800's = England. The Empire has a good navy straight from the start, and receives Colonial troops in the end (Australian Conscripts, Canadian Conscripts, Indian Conscripts).

- Recieves Colonials late on. Some of the best troops, Australians, High Attack, Canadians, High Movement, Indians, Low Cost.

- Brilliant Navy.

- Average all-round artillery.

- Unique Building landing yards? (Where Colonials come to land)

More to come later.

Edited by Scipii_Alemanus

Prussia/Germany should be really strong industrial-wise, with fast moving armies and an emphasis on submarine warfare. Their weakness of course is a long-drawn out battle, as opposed to a strength in sustained rushing.

Britain should have some sort of "power of empire" to bring in needed reinforcements at important junctures. They should have a small army and large, almost uncontested navy. Tanks are also important here.

France should be super-defensive, and have access to tanks, with relatively poor infantry, mediocre navy, slow mobilization, and weak industry to counterbalance this. Their land forces should be bigger than Britain's and on par with Germany's. French could also have some sort of "power of empire".

• 1 month later...

Haha great ideas coming in! Keep it simple (this game isn't RoN which is a good game btw :) ) and balanced as we don't want Britian to be overpowered hehe so they'll have good infantry but will die to French cavalry. Sadly I must also follow the rules of the game but later on I might make a realistic mod in which it's one shot kill for all units.

• 4 years later...

Agreed.

I like the time frame, but what about civs?

Important European ones are standard, but I'd like to see the Zulu, Sioux, Turks, Arab/Tuareg, India, China/Korea, perhaps Japan and Mexico/Latin America as well. Either these could be mercenary soldiers, their own civilization, or a even a "mini" civilization that isn't balanced with the main-stream civs. That way, they're more of a challenge to play and win with.

Though, since we're working with five civs, I suppose Britain, France, Germany(Prussia/Austria), Russia, and the United (but divided) States.

i have some ideas, affrica and the rest of "countries" put as minifactions, as dacians on the main game

Edited by newcivs

I'm sorry I haven't checked the forums in a while. Currently I'm almost done making a scenario in age of empires 3. I will do all of this in blender and gimp and if anyone wants to help me model or texture you are welcome. I will build an ironclad first and so on. Nations will probably be: England, France, USA, Mayan, Spain, Aztec, Turks, German, Pirates (maybe), and Chinese.

Inform me if you want a nation.

If you want me to add other Indian nations such as Lakota I'll probably make a union of indian nations UIN because the Indians did team up at one point. Post your ideas please.

Mayan and Aztec didn't exists anymore, only Mexico exists and there's no Germany at this point only Prussia as the only German nation until Otto Von Bismarck united them under one nation but a good choice nonetheless but still we could divide them as two faction. What about Brazil and Japan? it looks like Brazil and Japan could make into the list. Pirates should be some sort of mini faction, Lakota can only be a mini faction due to its pre-industrial age economy. Portugal, Netherlands too could make into the list as major faction although they lost their influence. Chinese should have two faction: Qing Dynasty and Republic of China to avoid confusion.