Idea for RTS

NOXAS1

It would be following the exploits of the 82nd airborne and other paratrooper divisions and the others who were in the wars it would have from ww1-Vietnam and Korea-2008 and anyone they fought and i know it is possible because C&C zero hour has paratroopers.

The reason i want to do this is so that i can honor my uncles memory he was in Vietnam and wasnt thanked when he got home instead hippies spit and threw rocks at him and he lost most all of his friends who went there and one time during a drop his whole squad was shot by NVA and Vietcong in the air he was the only one who made it down. he died this year and well i really want to do this but i only know how to make scenarios and maps is anyone interested?

Im trying to learn how to make models code and texture models right now

Edited by NOXAS1

Ensemble is Dead.

I'm sorry for your uncle, and I'm really interested in Vietnam. Infact, there IS a first-person shooter called Battlefield Vietnam were you can play both as the NVA, the Cong, the SVA and the USA. You can chose different types of guns, fly airplanes or ride tanks, and I think it's really fun.

I hate hippies who wail over dead trees, but I like the environment, but throwing rocks at soldiers who were DRAFTED into the army doesn't make sense. It wasn't their fault.

My Grandfather and his brothers/fathers/uncles were also a victim to the draft in Greece during the Greco-Turkish war, and during the Axis occupation, my father saw three young boys take down the Nazi Swastika on top of the Parthenon in Greece, and replace it with the rightful flag. When the Nazi Patrols came and saw this, they shot them. They shot all the three of them. They were boys, 16-18. My grandfather will never forget their patriotism (I can't remember if he was or wasn't in the army during world war 2, because then his draft time would have been done).

Anyway, I support you.

Edited by Alexthegod5

• 1 month later...

Ensemble is Dead.

I'm sorry for your uncle, and I'm really interested in Vietnam. Infact, there IS a first-person shooter called Battlefield Vietnam were you can play both as the NVA, the Cong, the SVA and the USA. You can chose different types of guns, fly airplanes or ride tanks, and I think it's really fun.

I hate hippies who wail over dead trees, but I like the environment, but throwing rocks at soldiers who were DRAFTED into the army doesn't make sense. It wasn't their fault.

My Grandfather and his brothers/fathers/uncles were also a victim to the draft in Greece during the Greco-Turkish war, and during the Axis occupation, my father saw three young boys take down the Nazi Swastika on top of the Parthenon in Greece, and replace it with the rightful flag. When the Nazi Patrols came and saw this, they shot them. They shot all the three of them. They were boys, 16-18. My grandfather will never forget their patriotism (I can't remember if he was or wasn't in the army during world war 2, because then his draft time would have been done).

Anyway, I support you.

It's also incredibly hypocritical. They're basically saying: "we don't like violence, so we're going to throw rocks at you". Anyone who is truely against war understands that soldiers are it's main victims, not perpetrators - that's the politicians.

Ok several statements here. Firstly I agree with you, throwing rocks at soldiers = bad / stupid, its not thier fault they are / were owned by big brother.

Second, those particular hippies crying over the trees, yes its disturbing, I think they might have some screws lose. However as a lover of nature and cultivator of trees, I would have preferred your statement to go something around the lines of "I hate THESE hippies" because some others that you may refer to as "hippies" are pretty darn cool and not nutball tree whiners who are against the war. sorry, had to say something here