Is agost 31 I WANT A NEW SCREENSHOOT!

Hiram

Hey guys from WFG this is just another anoying thread from a gamer who is really desperated to see more of this worderfull game, and I wish this month you dont make us wait for two weeks like in previous ocasions. If you dont want to show ingame pics, maybe some units desings, those are also great.Good Luck.

Patience is a virtue they say, that's got to mean that it's hard right? :bag:

Looking back at the last months it seems that day 4 of a month is the last, and that we didn't post a screenshot in May I'm afraid :) We did however forget to post a news post about it on the front page for August :blush: We'll try to improve in that area :P (Don't forget that we're posting a history article each month though, am actually impressed at how Joshua (Shogun_144) manages to get one written each month despite all the other things he's got to do).

I'm sure they could put out quite alot of screenshots if they wanted to. I wanted more at one time too, but as I've been watching this project, I can see that it's probably wise not to release too many screenshots before even the testing release date is known. (Not to mention, screenshots do take some time away from development.)

Well, I think Michael said something about this at another place in these forums, but as that was some time ago I might say something here :) The first thing to remember is that there's a difference between many good screenshots and many not-as-good screenshots, and that is that the former takes more time. Another things to remember is that, as you said, it takes time away from actual development. Since we do want to keep people interested, both to have a community so we're not entirely disconnected from the rest of the world so to speak and also so people can get interested enough in the game to become a part of the team. It's also matter of keeping some things "hidden", not that we are a company and need to keep things hidden from our competitors in that way, but so we can have some "new" things to reveal later on when we want some more attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you feneur, and one of the good things about the montly screenshots is that every month we see something new, wich wouldn be posible if you just start making screens at an insdustrial rate.

However, I do wish if you update other sections, like the unit and building concepts, maybe give some more info about the game itself, like the characteristics of the factions, or maybe some UI screenies. :)

We'll see what happens (n):)

But the main reason why we haven't put up any screens of the UI is that we're likely to change it before the release. And I believe most concept sketches are up, haven't taken the time to look through the archives and compare it with the Design Document though so I'm not sure everything is up. When it comes to info about the civilisations one reason why we haven't told you more about them is that the exact details might change during playtesting if we discover something that's making the game unbalanced etc. And of course, we'll have to keep some info 'til later too :banana:

I agree with you feneur, and one of the good things about the montly screenshots is that every month we see something new, wich wouldn be posible if you just start making screens at an insdustrial rate.

However, I do wish if you update other sections, like the unit and building concepts, maybe give some more info about the game itself, like the characteristics of the factions, or maybe some UI screenies. :)

I could conceivable do a Showcase, detailing (broadly) the characteristics of each faction sometime soonish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Working on the game itself is not difficult, but finding the time after so many years of already being here, and us needing to make a buck and lead our own lives is the difficult part, attracting motivated tallent to the team...people who want to hone their own skills will really help. But these people are rare, and much rarer than they were when the RTS community was larger a few years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pressure, but as long as the screenshot/showcase is out the first few days of a month I think it's out in time, especially if the first few days are a holiday. So a few hours into a new month isn't all that very much if you think about it, if you're really desperate for a screenshot I could start Atlas and just take a screenshot of the (at least at the moment) default basic terrain with a simple grass texture on it ;) I guess you want something a bit more spectacular though, so I'd suggest waiting until Michael has got the time to make something great :shrug:

(I could ask what you're doing up at 3 AM, but it's not my problem if you want to stay up all night (y) )