0AD part II ideas

Justinian

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about the Roman Empire, especially the western part allowed different tribes of germanic people to settle across the Rhine. It would be cool to choose as a sub-faction a germanic people.

They settled down, and fought for the romans as Foederati, I think it should stay that way.

• 4 weeks later...

Africans pretty much falls under Egyptians, Persians, and Iberians. Gauls (which u misspelled) are the same thing as Germans. I don't think that Jews would be a civ, because that is a religion, not a race or tribe. The Arabs came after the Romans, and so did the Turks.

The Jews are actually called Israelites and they managed to survive and now still are in a hostile invironment. Jews is a religion but it is another name for Israelis

Ummm, Sassanids...

I don't think so. The Turkic tribes did arrive on scene, but the Sassanids...

Uh... The Turks didn't arrive in the Middle East or Europe until the 11th century, and their arrival was one of the reasons for the initiation of the Crusades.

The Sassanid persian dynasty replaced the feudal-like Parthian lords in the 200s AD, and continued on at varying degrees of power until the 600s, when they were kicked out of power by the Arabs. So, wouldn't they be perfect?

Uh... The Turks didn't arrive in the Middle East or Europe until the 11th century, and their arrival was one of the reasons for the initiation of the Crusades.

Actually, I read, that Emperror Heraclius invaded Persian empire in cooperation with Turks.

But that is perhaps off the scope of 0AD part II.

Actually, I read, that Emperror Heraclius invaded Persian empire in cooperation with Turks.

Interesting. I'm not exactly sure when the Turks became a distinct people, but the Turks you referred to here must be of a different tribe than the ones I mentioned. Very interesting. Perhaps 'Turk' at one point just represented people from a certain region or certain lifestyle, and later developed into a broader term that specified cultural/linguistic similarities. I do know that the 'medieval' Turkic tribes often included several ethnicities, from Mongoloid to Semetic to European. It would be an interesting subject to look into, though.

I apologize though. I should have probably said 'Seljuk Turks'.

• 4 months later...

here i tought about some civilizations for the game:

-the dacians(they are not very known in the games but they are a great civilization)

-the egyptians(i dont know why they are missing in the game)

-the huns(mongolians) (better call them mongolians because the huns got to europe in the late 8th century)

in my opinion/a good rts game has to have good graphics(this already has it) has to have many civilizations and many types of units and has to be able to support many units while playing.bye