Wat tatic will you use

julius1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so rushing wont be completely useless but will be harder to do. So will "Phases" unlock a population cap or new technology you can purchase? Thorfinn The Shallow Minded, you mentioned something about the Roman Hastati being able to use or alternate between using their sword and pilum when they reach elite rank. Will there be a specific number of pilum they will be able to throw or will their pilum be infinite?

Upgrading will give the benefits of unlocking new structures (and thereby new units), see the relevant page in the Design Document for more info on in which phase each building will be made available: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/List:_Entities:_Player:_Structures

Unlocking a higher pop cap sounds like an interesting idea as well, we'll have to see when we come to beta testing whether it's feasible though.

Their pila will be infinite, 0 A.D. is a fairly classical RTS in that sense :) I.e. not so realistic that it gets boring/frustrating by troops deserting the battle field at a whim or you not being able to finish an attack because your siege engines runs out of projectiles.

Sounds like Rome: Total War. :P

:) Though it does make more sense there as the focus is more on the fighting, on the battles, and on the individual troop units. While 0 A.D. is more on a higher level (though the Total War games of course are at an even higher level in the "overview mode", don't remember its name now, but anyways =) ), as well as being both war and economy. In either case I think there's definitely a line between a game being too realistic and not realistic enough, hopefully 0 A.D. will be the correct balance. Though I'm sure different people draw that line at different places, but you can't please everyone.

thanks for the link. Woot!! i came up with village cap idea =P. oh and i have another Q. Let's say during a little skirmish i send my cavalry behind my enemy's units and basically flank them. will the enemy units automatically turn around or will they continue to face forward in the direction they were attacking and be unable to turn around.

When we have a full formation system something like that should be the case yeah. At least as long as the units stay in the formation they should preferably not be able to turn around at the spot but rather take a while to do such a maneuver. Thus forcing you to protect your flanks etc.

"Hero" Aura: "Tactica Guerrilla": <(TAHK-tee-kah gay-REE-yah); means: guerrilla tactics> The Iberians were singularly well known for their use of guerrilla war tactics and the concept of fighting in this fashion came from them; the word itself being derived from medieval Spanish. Time and time again they sucked their enemies into ambuscades. Effect: The Hero and any units grouped with him are invisible to enemies when idle or moving. They will only become visible when performing an action, such as attacking an opponent. Furthermore, invisible units (like units concealed in forests) aren't considered when determining if a player has been wiped off the map.
http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Civ:_Iberians#NEWUNITTRAITS