Wat tatic will you use

julius1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, remember that your units could be gathering that time too :blush: (Plus of course that your units will have to travel to reach your enemy.) So, it's not as simple as it may seem :)

Usually your force will be smaller, I don't know if units on horses can gather, but a small group of them should be able to disrupt larger numbers of villagers on their side.

Usually your force will be smaller, I don't know if units on horses can gather, but a small group of them should be able to disrupt larger numbers of villagers on their side.

True, just don't forget that they aren't just villagers so you'll have to use a slightly larger force to actually make that much damage :)

Oh, but rushing can easily be countered by turtling, that is if the player can get those walls up in time. It would be emberasing to have on on whole raiding party being cut up by those towers. Also, the three main tactics are Turtling, eco boom and rushing. Rushing counters eco boom, eco boom counters tuertling and turtling counters rushing. How ever it is possible to mix them all or in 2s.

Trebuchets are also very accurate. If you have 5-10 of them, not only you can erase city in no time, but can use them perfectly for turtling.

However, Siege Engineers give +1 range, and therefore it is crucial tech. It really is pain to play with civ which doesn't have this tech.

I remember how my brother gave up when playing as Turk against me playing Britons.

He simply couldn't find way how to deal with my trebuchets.

He couldn't destroy my wall, because it was protected by trebuchets, I had some 6-7 of them and therefore his trebs were destroyed before managed to unpack.

His artillery could do nothing against trebs barrage and also I killed many his units by them.

He simply didn't dare to approach too close.

• 2 weeks later...