Wat tatic will you use

julius1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think a shipment is like a double-edged axe, it hurts and helps. I don't see why, however.

A boomer can just save a shipment, use it on infantry or cavalry to counter the rush and then micro villagers in and out of town center to kill off what's left of your army.

It can slow it down, and if the player you play is experienced enough, they can completely stop the rush.

There are advantages to having shipments as a rusher, but they are easily countered by opposing home shipments and it's extremely frustrating. Plus it takes no time to get to the second age and build a barracks for every civilization.

It hurts more then it helps.

Personally I think the idea of Home Cities, shipment cards, and all that was brilliant. However, they didn't go far enough in implementation. The "customizations" of the Home City were worthless. They should have meant something to gameplay. Also, the way shipments just popped out of the town center was kind of dumb. I would have preferred it if the player had to capture a trading post in order to get shipments and the shipments would show up at trading posts. Something a little more logical than how ES implemented the idea.

The concept of a "Home City" would work wonders in an ancient themed RTS. This is how I would imagine it...

- Customizations: Each new customization unlocks new cards, instead of "leveling up" like in AOE3. There can be a "level" indication for your Home City, but it would be more for bragging rights. Unlocking new cards and new customizations gives a kind of "tech tree" with the design of your Home City and makes it more intensive. You can choose a certain technology path through the customization branches you choose. Cool huh?

- Show off your Home City: Any player can see your Home City from the multiplayer browser through a kind of player profile.

- Greeks: Choose a home city. Each home city gets specific types of cards and customizations. Choose between Athens, Corinth, Thebes, Sparta, Syracuse, etc. Each of these cities has a different deck of cards and different customizations.

- Romans: The Home City is obviously Rome herself. All kinds of cool customizations and cards.

- Celts: Choose different tribes and each tribe has a different home town and deck of cards.

- Iberians: Similar to Celts in implementation.

- Carthaginians: Again here, the obvious "Home City" is Carthage. Neat customizations here too, with the double harbor and all that. (y) Lots of trading cards.

- Persians: Here, the Home Cities can be either Babylon, Susa, or Persepolis. Each come with different customizations and cards.

So, yeah, that'd be how I'd do it. But WFG can't do all that unless you want to wait until 2015 for us to complete it. :)

A boomer can just save a shipment, use it on infantry or cavalry to counter the rush and then micro villagers in and out of town center to kill off what's left of your army.

It can slow it down, and if the player you play is experienced enough, they can completely stop the rush.

There are advantages to having shipments as a rusher, but they are easily countered by opposing home shipments and it's extremely frustrating. Plus it takes no time to get to the second age and build a barracks for every civilization.

It hurts more then it helps.

Oh now i get it!

You meant by helping the enemy, I thought you meant by making it harder for the player.

Personally I think the idea of Home Cities, shipment cards, and all that was brilliant. However, they didn't go far enough in implementation. The "customizations" of the Home City were worthless. They should have meant something to gameplay. Also, the way shipments just popped out of the town center was kind of dumb. I would have preferred it if the player had to capture a trading post in order to get shipments and the shipments would show up at trading posts. Something a little more logical than how ES implemented the idea.

The concept of a "Home City" would work wonders in an ancient themed RTS. This is how I would imagine it...

- Customizations: Each new customization unlocks new cards, instead of "leveling up" like in AOE3. There can be a "level" indication for your Home City, but it would be more for bragging rights. Unlocking new cards and new customizations gives a kind of "tech tree" with the design of your Home City and makes it more intensive. You can choose a certain technology path through the customization branches you choose. Cool huh?

- Show off your Home City: Any player can see your Home City from the multiplayer browser through a kind of player profile.

- Greeks: Choose a home city. Each home city gets specific types of cards and customizations. Choose between Athens, Corinth, Thebes, Sparta, Syracuse, etc. Each of these cities has a different deck of cards and different customizations.

- Romans: The Home City is obviously Rome herself. All kinds of cool customizations and cards.

- Celts: Choose different tribes and each tribe has a different home town and deck of cards.

- Iberians: Similar to Celts in implementation.

- Carthaginians: Again here, the obvious "Home City" is Carthage. Neat customizations here too, with the double harbor and all that. (y) Lots of trading cards.

- Persians: Here, the Home Cities can be either Babylon, Susa, or Persepolis. Each come with different customizations and cards.

So, yeah, that'd be how I'd do it. But WFG can't do all that unless you want to wait until 2015 for us to complete it. :)

I like it, so there WILL be shipments :D ?

Also, you said "Greeks" instead of "Hellenes"

Plus, this topic originally was for talking about what kind of strategy a player was going to use, now people are talking about Shipments. That's WAY off-topic.

Edited by Alexthegod5

@ alexanderthegod - would shut up with ur 'off-topics' only say this if its going about something TOTALY else. this was related to tactics (y)

Shipments being part of a tactic? That's a stretch.

Plus you misspelled my name. It's Alexthegod5, not Alexanderthegod.

And remember, this is 0 A.D. General & Ideas Discussion, not Rant forums. So if you have nothing good to say, then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Edited by Alexthegod5

lol ya well um if anyone wants to explain the master mind tactic this is the place. :)(y)

Like I said before (I'm not sure on this topic, but I think I did) I'm not going to give it out until the game is released on multiplayer, so no one would try to find a way to counter it while the game is being made.

And I'm NOT counting the Vita (how you say "Beta" in Greek :D ) Version (If there's multiplayer on that one).

@ alexanderthegod - would shut up with ur 'off-topics' only say this if its going about something TOTALY else. this was related to tactics (y)

Shipments would be a huge part of strategy and tactics, it's a valid question to ask, however it's not big enough to start another thread.

lol ya well um if anyone wants to explain the master mind tactic this is the place. :)(y)

There's no ONE tactic that will win you every game, what wins you a game is how you scout the opposing player, how you predict what he will do, and how you will counter it.

The only advice would be to find the best start possible for this game. A strong early game usually means a win.

If you have that and do this -

Scout the other player and know everything about his villagers and armies, you basically know what to counter, how many units you will need to counter, where to attack to cripple the economy, where a strategic place to set up an army would be, what his movements will be, etc...

With scouting/spying being done every minute or so, you can predict what his troops and villagers will do and how to respond to that.

True, but we don't even KNOW if there are going to be shipments in the game.

I'm pretty sure the response was no, added with a joke that it would take them an extra 7 years to just get that part of the game into the game. Personally I have never been a fan of shipments and never will be, it's a fun concept, I just don't like what it adds to the game.

Edited by Silver

true but i do know some very successful game players that never scout out the any unless their looking for the enemy's front gate or were there located.

I'm not sure about which game you are referring to, but scouting in a Random Map/Supremacy is a huge part of the game, you scout early, find the opposing players village, scout the surrounding area to find villagers and as he begins to build an army, find out what and build counters. Walls usually come later in the game, when a scout is already on the inside.